Armbian developers meeting 4/12/2023

Video

1. Progress of CI support

https://github.com/armbian/os 
Changes: 
- release numbering changed from 23.05 -> 23.5

- we have two separate version configs. One for nightly, one for stable, so its easy to generate a new release. Full or partial - for a single board only. It automatically increment patch number when doing that.
- all images are rebuild every run / night on 8 build clusters.

- splitting testing related tasks from armbian/os to armbian/ci is planned for future

- all currently enabled 3rd party packages are syncing also to stable repository.

All those scripts needs to be feed with JSON which is still around a week or two before integration. We checked the progress.

2. Mechanism for rebuilding packages from sources 

We concluded its better to switch to some existing solution. As this is still a low priority and not needed for upcoming release, main development won't be touching with it within next two months.

@Contributor/Maintainer

On 4/13/2023 at 10:38 AM, Igor said:

release numbering changed from 23.05 -> 23.5

Sorry Igor I missed this during the call.

This might... lead to problems, since we lose numerical sort comparison if we do this.

Say "230501" and "230602" and "231000" and "240200" all sort correctly.

But "23501" and "23602" and "231000"  and "24200" are... broken.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:52 PM, rpardini said:

This might... lead to problems, since we lose numerical sort comparison if we do this.

Those are images versions IMAGE_VERSION= ... Probably is just adding confusion while otherwise it should not play a role if I understand this correctly.

6 hours ago, Igor said:

Those are images versions IMAGE_VERSION

Ahn, ok, that literally only affect the filename of the produced images, not the versions of packages or anything that is published to repo, which is what I was worried about.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines