Need Assistance with Locating Kernel Headers for Rock5B

josjunior

Hello all,

I am running Armbian 23.05.1 rock5b jammy legacy on a rock5b. The current kernel version, as given by uname -r, is 5.10.160-rockchip-rk3588.

I'm attempting to build a driver module but have been unsuccessful because I'm unable to locate the kernel headers. I have tried installing the headers with apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) but result in a package not found error.

I also tried searching for the headers in my file system with find / -name "linux-headers-$(uname -r)" but the command returned no results.

I suspect that the kernel headers may not be installed, may be installed in a non-standard location, or may not be available as separate packages for this kernel version in Armbian.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how I can acquire or locate the kernel headers for this specific kernel version.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by josjunior

6 hours ago, josjunior said:

I'm attempting to build a driver module but have been unsuccessful because I'm unable to locate the kernel headers.

IIRC, kernel headers on this (proprietary / private) kernel are anyway broken.

8 hours ago, josjunior said:

I assume this is a temporary issue and would be resolved in a future release update as mentioned in the leaflet?

It is temporally issue that is present in Rockchip kernel for at least 6 months. And its not the only one.

With modern kernel, headers works OOB, which proves bug is in the (Rockchip) vendor code. I already spent a week trying to fix this problem for everyone but I can't afford to touch this problem anytime soon. 

If there are no records of fixing this problem in the logs, update mentioned in the leaflet, won't fix this problem.