Orange Pi Zero 3

ag123

12 hours ago, voapilro said:

I already did it, you can find it attached here

I tried the uboot with the same image you mentioned. Something is definitely happening, I see red and green lights flashing however there is nothing on my hdmi output, no shell or nothing else. Am I missing something?

@OttawaHacker

connect to the board using a usb-uart (debug) serial dongle.

the boot messages would normally show up there, or that if it booted to the prompt, you could login as root

and run dmesg to see what goes wrong

try also the other u-boot

https://github.com/ag88/1.5GB_Fix_for_Armbian_on_OrangePiZero3/

to see if that helps. there is a sequence of patches that needs to be applied and I've done that with my implementation.

Unfortunately, in my case I hardcoded the 1.5GB memory as I found that for 1.5GB boards, the mainline u-boot incorrectly detected memory as 2GB or 4GB inconsistently.

For once it says 2GB, then 4GB, then 2GB, and the algorithm would probe into the wrong memory size.

so 'hardcoding' it ensures that it is 1.5GB no more / no less.

you can use the distributed Armbian images

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-zero-3/

and subsequently apply the u-boot patch from my repository.

If you don't use dd , you can try using the python script that I've provided in my respository to patch u-boot into the image. Checkout instructions in my repository.

4 hours ago, OttawaHacker said:

I tried the uboot with the same image you mentioned. Something is definitely happening, I see red and green lights flashing however there is nothing on my hdmi output, no shell or nothing else. Am I missing something?

@OttawaHacker This is a minimal build, probably it has no HDMI output. As @ag123 said, you need a serial cable to see output. Or you could access via SSH, looking at your router for DHCP address. Other option would be to use a build with desktop like this one, and apply patch the same way. Any way, pull request was already merged, so you can wait for next community release in a few days.

It works, thanks @ag123, good work !

For some reason the Armbian Image is far slower than the Orange Pi Debian image in UI mode. I am guessing its maybe because the Armbian Image comes only with Gnome which is probably heavier UI framework to run.

I have a tp link wn722n wifi adapter on the rtl8188eus chipset and I need to build a driver for the monitoring meter, but I don’t have the kernel headers, how and where can I download and install them?

@wanasta orange pi zero 3 (and zero 2w) has on board wifi, have you tried them 1st?

usb wifi dongles normally if the drivers are built into the kernel, plug them in and check dmesg if they are detected

5 hours ago, wanasta said:

I have a tp link wn722n wifi adapter on the rtl8188eus chipset and I need to build a driver for the monitoring meter, but I don’t have the kernel headers, how and where can I download and install them?

Wifi works flawlessly with recent image. Includes Link Quality and Signal Level 

I would like to ask about the entry in armbiaEnv.txt in the ArmBian distribution for Orange Pi Zero 3

overlay_prefix=sun50i-h616

does it have anything to do with the file in the directory?

/boot/dtb-6.6.30-current-sunxi64/allwinner/sun50i-h618-orangepi-zero3.dtb

For OZPI version 3 there is a prefix sun50i-h618 and in armbianEnv.txt there is overlay_prefix=sun50i-h616 shouldn't it be sun50i-h618 ??

I'm asking about this because I have a problem with using overlay for w1-gpio for OZPI v3, so I am looking for the source of the problem in various places

31.03.2024 в 15:02, 8p8c сказал:

[    7.132367] sun50i-h616-pinctrl 300b000.pinctrl: pin PA7 already requested by spi1.0; cannot claim for 300b000.pinctrl:7
[    7.132399] ads7846 spi1.0: failed to request pendown GPIO
[    7.132405] ads7846: probe of spi1.0 failed with error -22

Hello, to avoid this error, you can disable strict mode in the pin controller driver

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.7.12/source/drivers/pinctrl/sunxi/pinctrl-sun50i-h616.c

Цитата

--- linux-6.6.23-sk/drivers/pinctrl/sunxi/pinctrl-sun50i-h616.c    2024-03-28 15:31:05.000000000 +0300
+++ linux-custom/drivers/pinctrl/sunxi/pinctrl-sun50i-h616.c    2024-05-17 10:48:01.796628355 +0300
@@ -877,6 +877,7 @@ static const struct sunxi_pinctrl_desc h
     .irq_bank_map = h616_irq_bank_map,
     .irq_read_needs_mux = true,
     .io_bias_cfg_variant = BIAS_VOLTAGE_PIO_POW_MODE_CTL,
+    .disable_strict_mode = true,
 };

But I'm not sure that the driver for this touchscreen can work on allwinner processors without changes, because  their "gpio_in" and "irq" are different multiplexer states

Цитата

SUNXI_PIN(SUNXI_PINCTRL_PIN(A, 7),
>>>          SUNXI_FUNCTION(0x0, "gpio_in"),
          SUNXI_FUNCTION(0x1, "gpio_out"),
          SUNXI_FUNCTION(0x2, "emac1"),        /* ETXEN */
          SUNXI_FUNCTION(0x3, "i2s0"),        /* BCLK */
>>>          SUNXI_FUNCTION_IRQ_BANK(0x6, 0, 7)),    /* PA_EINT7 */

I think they cannot work simultaneously, so something similar is needed

Цитата

static int get_pendown_state(struct ads7846 *ts)
 {
+    int val;
+
     if (ts->get_pendown_state)
         return ts->get_pendown_state();

-    return gpiod_get_value(ts->gpio_pendown);
+    pinctrl_select_state(ts->pinctrl, ts->pinctrl_pins_gpio);
+    val = gpiod_get_value(ts->gpio_pendown);
+    pinctrl_select_state(ts->pinctrl, ts->pinctrl_pins_default);
+
+    return val;
 }

PS Of course you can use different pins for interrupts and gpio and then everything should work out of the box.

Edited by sasa

On 5/13/2024 at 5:04 AM, TRay said:

I'm asking about this because I have a problem with using overlay for w1-gpio for OZPI v3, so I am looking for the source of the problem in various places

I don't think the Orange Pi Zero 3 supports w1-gpio.  The only 1-wire overlay that I know of is for H5-equipped boards. 

Edited by jimg

3 hours ago, jimg said:

don't think the Orange Pi Zero 3 supports w1-gpio.  The only 1-wire overlay that I know of is for H5-equipped boards. 

Hi, for me w1-gpio on OZPI v3 working now very well via overlay dts file please read my last post in: