Switch several kernels to Thumb2 mode

Christos

Talking about this

-> https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/commit/cdc02f678620d6dba6c9e4ebc60884fc54c6dfc6

Dont know if anyone else noticed it, but after applying this I got about 10% lower CPU temp. (from 75 ro 67) in OPi/H3 under the same heavy workload with same performance!

If there has not been any other temperature modificatioin done then this thumb2 change is definitively towards the right direction.

Kudos guys!

Did you compile legacy kernel in Thumb2 (since I believe thermal readouts aren't working in current dev branch)?

I did a build as I always do, selecting from the build tool, did not have an option though to select or not the Thumb2 during the build, so I guess it is there by default, isnt it?

I did a build as I always do, selecting from the build tool, did not have an option though to select or not the Thumb2 during the build, so I guess it is there by default, isnt it?

No, only mainline kernel configs were changed, sun8i-default didn't have much changes recently apart from adding experimental AppArmor patches.

lol ..

I was deliberately monitoring the perfomance of my DSP application and looking at an about 75 degrees temp before, now with a newly build kernel got about 67..  and its not from the Thumb2.. ok, whatever it is, is welcome though :)