OrangePi5 won't obtain Ip automatically with Accesspoint.

Miguel González

I have attempted to install OMV on my orange pi various times and i have had the same issue weather with the OMV after installation or with the armbian os before the OMV installation. when you start the system, it just won't get it's Ip automatically, at first i thought my orange pi came with a problem from fabric since I'm new to this but after attempting to put an Ip statically seemingly making it work I noticed that it just would not be set automatically. Now surely you might think it's a problem with my router set up, but this won't happen when I try it out with any other equipment in my house or when i just run regular Linux in my laptop, even when i run the OrangePi OS arch version it starts magically working. Even worse so is, if i just go and think " o well let's just put it manually" when you do the OMV installation that is not an option, whenever i attempt to put it manually it works until you reboot the system; once you reboot it just starts attempting to get a Ip automatically again as if it didn't save the previous static Ip. I have attempted everything to make it work and even if i put a USB to ethernet adapter or i just connect it to a regular router, it just won't get the Ip automatically.

Please help.

PS

Sorry for the bad English, not my main language.

Update:

For those of you interested in the OMV part of my little rant, i got to make the static Ip stay. This was done through the legacy version of armbian and also using the script installation of OMV that jumps the network changes. Previously I was attempting the install in the OrangePi official version and was not able to perform the script installation of OMV that did not contain the network changes, as such i did the one with the changes which made the error i mention in my little rant. Now when I do a reboot the ip stays the same as it should but i confirm that the problem with the automatic ip not being applied is still there.

OMV heavily messes with the system settings and is known for causing all sorts of trouble and then users blame Armbian while the issues is OVM themselves in lots of cases.

Anyways, for now I suggest to install plain Armbian in whatever flavour you like and make static ip work. Either try armbian-config or check https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+set+static+ip+debian

Once that works properly continue with OMV.