32 bits system on odroid c4

medoc

I  don't mean as an emulation, there used to exist a 32 bits (armhf) kernel + Debian user space running on the C2, natively that's why the idea did not look impossible (just like Raspbian exists in both 32 and 64 bits for the rpi4). These processors can work in both modes as far as I understand.

11 hours ago, medoc said:

there used to exist a 32 bits (armhf) kernel + Debian user space running on the C2

Armbian never provided that. I bet you can find such image somewhere on Hardkernel forums, but I assume you are looking for fresh and maintained? 

the idea did not look impossible

Nobody said its impossible. Its just not worth talking about in 2023. But as this is open source, nobody prevents you to make what you are looking for. 

These processors can work in both modes as far as I understand.

IIRC this was for backwards compatibility reasons, that one image could run on 32b and 64b Rpi. On Armbian, you can run armhf on aarch64 user space out of the box. If you are concerned about that small memory overhead that comes with aarch64 user land ... ask vendor if they pay for your wishes, so we will hire someone to do this for you. We can't.

I was not asking anybody to do anything, just to know if anything existed. You have answered my question, thank you. FYI the use case is building 32 bits software using distrobox, which apparently wants the containers to be the same arch as the system. So, rpi4  + raspbian 32 bits it's gonna be :)  Cheers. jf