is it possible to build only armbian?

RiccardoCantoni

Hi 
is it possible to build only armbian system and use it with pre-built kernel and u-boot? I would try to use armbian in a custom board with kernel and bootloader I have already built in a local directory

What should I pass to BUILD_ONLY to build only armbian system and how to set it together with my u-boot and image?

Thanks
Riccardo

Edited by RiccardoCantoni
add info

Based on your question, I don't think you really understand what Armbian is.  First off, armbian is the build framework used to build images for SBCs.  Secondly Armbian maintains source code for kernels and uboots for various SBCs.  An Armbian image is basically the output of the Armbian build framework that combines Armbian kernels and boot environments with essentially stock ubuntu or debian user environments.  Armbian isn't really a separate linux

So in some ways what you are specifically asking for doesn't make sense.  But I do understand what you are trying to accomplish.  You essentially want the armbian build framework to combine your kernel/uboot with the ubuntu/debian userspace to create an image.