kernel update scripts

No scripts, only download, unpack and dpkg -i at this point.

The deb files has some post-install logic but nothing major. I only distinguish new / old kernel which is somehow important because of different loading process. The rest is more or less not done yet. The idea is to push to repository and that new versions are updated the standard way like on any other distribution via apt-get update

It would be nice to retest updating on some real demo repository. To find and fix possible bugs.

... then added a switch UPDATE_REPOSITORY="YES" + sub script to do all this ;)

I was talking with a friend about this but we haven't made any progress yet so my Github lib section is script wise more or less up to date.

Appreciate your help and open for ideas.

that would be awesome to make a real repository instead of hacky updater scripts let me ponder this idea cause its certainly worthwhile to get it running like that instead.

I had many troubles on the way to keep it clutter free & close to default Debian / Ubuntu way & knowing with their bugs too :o  :D

I am also looking forward to develop further and glue things together so that upgrade process could run fully automatic - if wanted.

I took a quick look over Aptly ... It looks great but I think it might be an overkill for our needs? I'll have only few files per board and so far there is no diff between distribution.

:huh: Any simpler solution ... or is this simple enough to anyway start work with?