profile-sync-daemon (psd)

Just wondering if having profile-sync-daemon (psd) is causing troubles to you.

After installing Armbian, I noticed that whenever I was restarting  Chromium and accessing youtube, the system was asking me a login. The authentication cookies were simply disappearing  after each restart of chromium.

To avoid that I removed a link of my .profile directory pointing to a tmpfs filesystem (you see the tmpfs  file system, use  the df command).

I read that it is used to avoid read/write on storage, as all I/O are done in Ram, but obviously in my case it was not really working, as I was loosing my cookies.

Does anyone else uses that feature? Is this useful nowadays when using SSD's?

15 hours ago, Tony3 said:

After installing Armbian,

Armbian comes in many different variants. This could be a bug in Debian SID package base or the one you are using. Where do you observe this? (armbianmonitor -u) I am running Armbian desktop (running Chrome / Firefox) on two machines without any issues. PSD is active.

I got the issue on chromium

Anyway is psd useful nowadays with ssds?

I removed the link some time ago so i cannot really reproduce the problem anymore.

What was the softlink please ?

On 1/7/2024 at 5:58 PM, Tony3 said:

Anyway is psd useful nowadays with ssds?

We also have plenty of memory nowadays and memory is still significantly faster then ssds and does not wear out.

On 1/7/2024 at 5:58 PM, Tony3 said:

I removed the link some time ago so i cannot really reproduce the problem anymore.

sudo apt install --reinstall profile-sync-daemon

This is probably all we do here: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/packages/bsp/common/usr/lib/armbian/armbian-firstlogin#L215-L237