CSC Armbian for RK322x TV box boards

jock

6 hours ago, GSAR said:

I followed your advice, but my TV BOX isn't responding when I press the reset button (located on the AV port). It seems like the RK3228A isn't recognizing any type of USB device, including the Male to Male USB cable. I've tried keyboards and mouses, but none of them are working at all.

Sorry, forgot to mention that you have to plug the male-to-male cable in the OTG port; other ports won't work. That's the maskrom mode.

Anyway you can try to boot armbian from sdcard

Hello, aswering for you guys.

@fabiobassa I'm unsure if the power surge damaged the USB subsystem. Is there any way to determine or repair it?

@jock Sorry, but will this type of male-to-male USB cable in the image below work? It's what I have. I've attempted to boot using Armbian from the SD card, but it continues to display only a black screen and doesn't boot.

image.png.acbd4f4d78a8d25e5e1db8651a2df36b.png

Edited by GSAR
Uncompleted message

On 6/8/2024 at 11:04 PM, Blyato said:

I sent them a message, even sent an email and a whatsapp to the manufacture ( junuo ? hehe) , will see if I get a reply, google sadly doesn't help as seems it's the latest version of the board (v3.0), I really want to make this wifi work 😂 

The thing about SBC is that I already have one, the thing is that I spent some good time searching for a chip that would have multiple usb hosts instead of just one, and that's not easy to find, specially not below 50 euros, I came across the rk3228, that somehow is available at those tv boxes :(.

Vendor sadly never replied, got in touch with the manufacture, their sales gave me a whatsapp number for tech department but never got a reply there, sad :(

By the way, is there a way of making it boot from SD card? Armbian takes a long time to boot from the eemc it seems.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Blyato:

By the way, is there a way of making it boot from SD card? Armbian takes a long time to boot from the eemc it seems.

wirte the armbian image to SD Card and than insert and start , than it should boot from SD card like the multitool

i had nowadays 4 of this box, one old AMlogic s802 ( over 5 years in use with armbian scan and printserver) ) 1 xrk322x that work out of the box with armbian , one rk322x with resolder wifi from wired china chip to rtl8723ds , and now a rk3328 with android ( sadly sd card is on wrong sdio port)

On 7/4/2024 at 7:40 PM, RaptorSDS said:

wirte the armbian image to SD Card and than insert and start , than it should boot from SD card like the multitool

i had nowadays 4 of this box, one old AMlogic s802 ( over 5 years in use with armbian scan and printserver) ) 1 xrk322x that work out of the box with armbian , one rk322x with resolder wifi from wired china chip to rtl8723ds , and now a rk3328 with android ( sadly sd card is on wrong sdio port)

ty !

I thought by changing to SD card would help, but seems I fell into the same issue I was having, long boot times (5min~ or even more). 

I did systemd-analyze and got this:

2min 6.998s systemd-random-seed.service
2min 6.462s armbian-zram-config.service
    13.093s NetworkManager-wait-online.service
     4.494s armbian-ramlog.service
     4.194s NetworkManager.service
     3.418s sysfsutils.service
     3.333s systemd-logind.service
     3.272s dbus.service
     2.759s dev-mmcblk0p1.device
     2.030s systemd-journal-flush.service
     1.458s alsa-restore.service
     1.404s rsyslog.service
     1.329s e2scrub_reap.service
     1.323s sysstat.service
     1.182s user@1000.service
     1.005s systemd-journald.service
     1.002s systemd-udev-trigger.service
      933ms systemd-resolved.service
      849ms chrony.service
      800ms keyboard-setup.service
      516ms systemd-udevd.service
      427ms nginx.service
      401ms ssh.service
      343ms dev-mqueue.mount
      336ms sys-kernel-debug.mount
      323ms fake-hwclock.service
      299ms wpa_supplicant.service
      299ms kmod-static-nodes.service
      297ms systemd-binfmt.service

Anybody saw this issue before? 

Also have been facing issue with HDMI, tried to add video tag on extratags on armbian env , it appears on xrandr -q but yeah, not even terminal or anything appears on boot.... 

This is the armbian monitor output link

Edited by Blyato
another issue xd

I'm using balenaEtcher to burn the multitool image into a flash drive, but it ends with a partition of about 396MB. 
The linux image is about ~900MB uncompressed so there's no space left on the partition to move the distro file into the images folder.

I also tried unetbootin and it doesn't create the images folder.

What are my options? (I can't do SD card).

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 1.29.53 PM.png

vor 1 Minute schrieb Leo Luiz:

'm using balenaEtcher to burn the multitool image into a flash drive, but it ends with a partition of about 396MB. 
The linux image is about ~900MB uncompressed

two methods ,

1. boot image first than automatic resize to bigger size ( most of the drive) , than put your image on card

2. use the compressed image of armbian on the sd card , the multotool also can use zip and tar and tar.xz and tar.gz