Orangepi 3 LTS upgrade from Armbian 23.11.1 to 24.2.1 fails

Go to solution Solved by Igor,

I disabled Armbian kernel upgrades to stay at Armbian 23.11.1 until Armbian 24 stabilizes. Yesterday I unfroze the kernel upgrades to upgrade to 24.2.1. 

I run:

apt update

apt upgrade

apt dist-upgrade 

Apt update says All packages are up to date.

apt-mark showhold

shows nothing.

What did I miss?

I can't explain what you are seeing, as everything appears in order.  The only thing I'm going to suggest as a long shot, is that you are getting pointed to a mirror that for some reason isn't up to date (which shouldn't be the case).  Since I don't know where you are located in the world, you could try to update your armbian.list file to point explicitly to a different mirror (list is available here: https://github.com/armbian/mirror)

When I look at the mirror I get resolved to, I see the 24.2.1 packages in the bullseye repository.  I don't understand why apt isn't finding them for you.

• Solution
47 minutes ago, Timo12357 said:

So 24.2.1 does not require Bookworm to upgrade?

Bookworm is latest stable. You can only upgrade to unstable ... which is not recommended for production. You could upgrade kernels, but we don't provide them anymore for bullseye.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:35 PM, Timo12357 said:

armbian-config says "No other kernels available"

That is correct. This is the list of packages per distribution:
https://fi.mirror.armbian.de/apt/content.html

Bullseye only has some files, probably by mistake. It should be just empty as its not supported anymore. Change tags in armbian.list from bullseye to bookworm and update. Should be fine .... at least as far as from Armbian perspective. We can't vouch for packages that are coming from Debian repository as they might come into some conflicts between each other. This is the problem we observe on older releases and have no capacity nor wish to address.