Kernel dump with error "BUG: Bad page state in process kworker" when umounting nfs folder

Every time i do umount of an nfs folder from a qnap nas i get an error in syslog similar to that attached, sometimes my board reboot after error

I have Armbian 24.5.5 bookworm 

I need to mount using nfsv 4.0 or 3 because my nas doesnt support nfs 4.1 or newer.

I use a command like this

mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=4 -o minorversion=0 myqnapnas:/Backups /mnt

I'm using official Armbian 24.5.5 bookworm image from armbian site on a khadas vim1s

khadas_vim1s_error.txt

Edited by Ivano Brunet

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

1 hour ago, Ivano Brunet said:

I need to mount using nfsv 4.0 or 3 because my nas doesnt support nfs 4.1 or newer.

Vendors kernels are frozen in time and maintained only at HW stack level, while the rest is "as is". Which is why we all want mainline ... which is even a lot more expensive to make and maintain.

It could be days, which can extend to weeks, of work with no warranty of success to sort this out - porting this kernel feature from upstream patches:
https://www.kernel.org/
image.png

Here is best to wait for next kernel update by Amlogic, which is usually based on updated kernel stack.

The latest available kernel is 5.15.137. It should be available in the beta repository. Can you give that a try? Make sure to update kernel, u-boot and the bsp package to avoid having any boot issues. Alternatively you can flash a different sdcard with the nightly image for testing.