First Orange pi not supported anymore ?

arcadialabs

Hi,

I own the first Orange Pi (A20, VGA, HDMI, NAND, 4xUSB, WiFi).

I notice there is no Armbian image for download anymore. The last one I still have is a 3.4.113, 5.25 Ubuntu/Xenial-default-desktop (currently running from the NAND very well, but I can't seem to run the wifi in AP mode).

Is Armbian for this board is dropped for good ? Is there a way to update my 5.25 to last version without breaking everything ? Or maybe convert a A20 image to this board, using the working image I'm currently using ?

Thanks !

The 5.31 desktop image seems to run well, however I have a small issue : the mouse cursor is invisible... I tried to add Option         "HWCursor" "false"  to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf under the pointer section, but it does not work. Is there a workaround ?

Edit : nevermind, I found the workaround :

1- reinstall xorg : apt-get -y install xorg lightdm xfce4 tango-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme

2- add Option         "HWCursor" "false"  to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-fbturbo.conf

AP mode works on this board but AFAIK driver - on legacy kernel - was unstable. Probably the one shipped with mainline kernel works better.

The problem with running hostapd is that you need to tell Network manager to not use this and that interface and there is a special hostapd binary for some Realtek chips. By using recent armbian-config (from GitHub), this is solved by default.