A case for "Sticky" Subjects

Code4Sale LLC

A case for "Sticky" Subjects

I see a need for "Sticky" Subjects, or a board category for some appropriate discussions:

WishBoard support: Let user's provide both a wish list of boards they would like to support, and what they might be willing to do get support for a board. 

Let me start that on out: How about a NVIDIA Jetson TX1? The drivers are avialable, there is probably good support for getting it off the line, and I would be willing to try to get someone a dev board to work with: http://www.nvidia.com/object/jetson-tx1-module.html

Publicity Support: Publicity for armbian means awareness and donations. Let's not forget there must be manufacturer's that would help back this effort. Make it easy to tell the story. armbian patches and stickers go a long way. Make it easy for me to tell your story. Speaking of that, there needs to be a story page.

Let me put a foot forward on this one. I will donate a case of custom printed armbian coffee mugs, in a variety of colors, and foam shipping boxes. You sell um, I'll ship um, you keep the dough!

If I can get permission to use the logo (you post "OK Joe"), and I will print up a sample in the next day or so, post the pic, you take a look, and if it's good, I will print up a case of um, and post the pic of the pile of mugs. You go sell um from the front page! Let me know where to ship, I will deliver (providing the U,S, Post Office will let me ship to the country).

More stickies: A little more FAQ... FAQ... FAQ...

A virtual suggestion box: please add a sticky to post more great ideas.  :)

Can we please keep this post rolling along? Good things should come from it!

Thank you! And Rock On!!!

Joe

Forum needs upgrades in more ways, I know. :huh: 

Thank you for suggestions. I read and will read again, than I'll take some actions. In the mean time, if you want to play with anything, you are welcome.

Logo is free of any copyright bull* so do the font which is used. Perhaps there is a need for some fine tuning but I am not a graphics designer :)

logo_and_font.zip

post-607-0-01076000-1450948707_thumb.jpg

I attached a picture of your coffee mugs, I hope you like them.

This is the best I can do "on the fly" for Christmas eve. Red, Dark Blue, and SilverFlake.

I love the silver. I should have done a black one. I's late.

Can I have one?

The font was very helpful.

If you like them, I can have office girl take some better pictures.

I can do um with color rim and handles, color inside only, black, blue, red, "TwiT blue", white, clear (you won't like that), frosted (you won't like that either), and "hidden" (you have to add hot beverage for the logo to show up - expensive - you might like that).

Want to try to sell a dozen for starters, and raise some money for the project?

Send me your shipping address and a color preference, and I will send you one.

Joe

Hi Joe,

How much are the mugs and do you have any idea of how much shipping to the UK would be?

I love the blue handle, and would be more than happy to buy one as long as they aren't too expensive :-)

Nick

Hi Joe,

How much are the mugs and do you have any idea of how much shipping to the UK would be?

I love the blue handle, and would be more than happy to buy one as long as they aren't too expensive :-)

Nick

Sorry it took so long to reply. Not sure why, but the notification email got lost in my inbox. My wife got a quote from the post office for shipping to the U.K, Germany, India, and Japan (for starters - sorry - she did not get Russia - I will work on that). Wow. just shy of $23 U.S.D. (within 50 cents) via the "cheapest way possible". The boxes are made for mugs, are foam lined, and measure 5.25 inches per side. Shipping weight is about 15 ounces (sorry for the non-metric - we are very backwards here in the U.S.A.).

I will gladly do the mugs at no charge (a little donation to the project is my intent). I cannot believe how much the U.S. Postal Service wants for shipping. I would normally donate the shipping, however, I have been ill, and my "day job" has gone on a 50% pay reduction (ouch), so for now, that is the best I can do. Perhaps my situation will improve soon, and I can throw in the shipping for the first dozen.

Let me know of your are interested. I can do them in Light and Dark Blue, Black, Reddish/Orangish, (with the color either on the rim and handle, or just inside), White, Silver Fleck, and "Surprise Dark Brown - it's totally very brown - almost black - and turn's white and reveals the logo when a hot liquid is added.

Alternatively, perhaps I will win the lotto, and be able to deliver in person!

Joe