Automount disk at boot

Sp0T

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know, which script contain the mounting part in the repo?

I would like to mount my HDD as it's mounted in the ubuntu trusty desktop version.

I'm using debian wheezy(legacy kernel)

Thanks,

Sp0T

I have orange pi mini. i checked fstab and the device is not listed in there(that was my first thought anyway). I think Igor is using a pre-installer script which i can't find in the repos nor in the system files.

Basically it's creating a "media" folder in /root and put the drive there(by name) and create a desktop shortcut(also add icon to Thunar left side panel).

Basically it's creating a "media" folder in /root and put the drive there(by name) and create a desktop shortcut(also add icon to Thunar left side panel).

That's an Ubuntu feature: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AutomaticallyMountPartitions

You might try to follow the steps outlined in the link above and try it using the udisks package in Wheezy (but be prepared that many software packages in Wheezy are really outdated!). I would simply create the mountpoint and an fstab entry using the disk's UUID if you've not to deal with different disks all the time.

Thanks tkaiser for the idea. I already done a mounting point and add the entry in the fstab, but as i see i just can't get away from programming my own script...

First i'll try the udisks for wheezy.

There's no need for a script. Simply lookup the UUID and use it in fstab. All the necessary steps are also outlined in the aforementioned Ubuntu link. And in case you want to upgrade to Jessie in the future and sometimes boot without the disk consider setting the 'nofail' option in fstab since otherwise booting will... fail... without available disk.

... in case you want to upgrade to Jessie in the future and sometimes boot without the disk consider setting the 'nofail' option in fstab since otherwise booting will... fail... without available disk.

LOL!

(Been there, done that)