Using Board built for RPi on OPi

tbackus

I am trying to use an Iono Pi Board from SFERA Labs on an OrangePI PC Plus.

https://www.sferalabs.cc/product/iono-pi-board/

I was able to get i2C working so that I could connect to some devices like a temp sensor and accelerometer.

My issue is pretty basic at this point.  I am simply trying to blink the green light on the board.  According to docs, the onboard LED is connected to GPIO7. So through looking at documentation I was able to decipher that GPIO7 is physical pin 7 on an RPi.  

I am using pyA20.gpio.  Accordingly Pin 7 = PA6.  However when I set PA6 high the light does not come on.  Am I missing something?  Anyone have experience in altering python for RPi to OPi??

Pin7 or GPIO7? these are two different pins... ;) GPIO 7 should be PA21 and Pin7 (GPIO4) should be PA6. RPi's GPIO naming isn't similar to the pin header. 

mapping_small.thumb.png.4b17fe118586840c19c212358a412f6a.png

Anyway, if you want RPi's pinnames back you could test pyGPIO. It's basically pyA20 but pinnames are similar to RPi userland, which makes it easy to wrap code from RPi to H3 boards (and @TonyMac32 will say once again that I shamelessly promote once again my fork of the pyA20 lib... :D ).