SOLVED - Orangepi PC Plus - Armbian 5.36 TV-HDMI Problem

john0815

Hello!

Since I upgraded to 5.35 on my OPI PC Plus the connected TV-Screen (direct via HDMI Cable) ist purple.

An upgrade zu 5.36 has the same problem.

When I connect the OPI to a Standard PC Monitor via HDMI there is all ok.

It would be nice if there has anyone a solution for this..

thanks

SOLUTION:

I downloaded a new version of 5.35 and upgraded to 5.36

Then I copied the files in /boot of the SD-Card (New One) to the /boot of the OLD system on EMMC - and it works

Edited by john0815
Solution

Please describe your setup as best as possible so we know what your operating environment is like.

1. Name of your board with all details, version number, take a picture if you are not sure what you have
  2. Name of the image you installed or logs, when you can boot the board: armbianmonitor -u (paste URL to your forum post)
  3. If your board does not boot, provide a log from serial console (UART) or at least make and attach a picture, where it stops.
  4. Describe the problem the best you can and provide all necessary info that we can reproduce the problem.
  5. If anything is attached to the board, supply all details

Thank you for your answer

I tryed this device with a new 5.35 image with upgrade to 5.36 - and it is running ok

I have a 2nd device which is running ok.

Is there a possibility to write the system from the emmc to a microSD card.

Or is it possible to write with armbian-config the system from emmc of the good device to a USB stick, boot the bad device from this and write back to the emmc of the bad device

This would be nice because I can make a backupSD put this into the other (bad) device and I have not to set up the system new.

Thank you for your helping

1 hour ago, john0815 said:

Is there a possibility to write the system from the emmc to a microSD card.

Or is it possible to write with armbian-config the system from emmc of the good device to a USB stick, boot the bad device from this and write back to the emmc of the bad device

Installer within armbian-config is done to cover all possible 1st install cases. It's is not a backup/restore utility and will not be. You can clone your good SD media setup with some clone programs on your desktop computer ... but set up a system from scratch is always the best way to go, especially if you are not a skilled Debian Linux user.