MXQ pro 4k boot problem

beo59

Hello,

a few days ago a bought this box so that i could run Linux on it with ovpn server.

The problem is that a can' t get the box to boot from sd. I tried different cards but no success, the toothpick method brings me to the recovery screen. I tested the mentioned sd's  on a Beelink GT1 and they work just fine (boot Unbuntu without any problems). Can someone give me some advice on how to get this box on Linux because this is the only reason i bought this box. It would be running only Linux for 24/7, so installing linux on the box itself would also be an option.

Thank you in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

You need to follow the balbes150 tuto to get the box booting from the sd card, basically you need to activate the multiboot.

Booting on android then plug the sd card and go to update&backup android application and choose the aml_update.zip file from you boot partition inside the sd card.

Here is the link:

Please note that mxq pro 4k has different meson version(s905, s905x...), so basically you need to try different device tree files dtb.

On 19.12.2017 at 11:36 AM, beo59 said:

a few days ago a bought this box so that i could run Linux on it with ovpn server.

The problem is that a can' t get the box to boot from sd. I tried different cards but no success, the toothpick method brings me to the recovery screen. I tested the mentioned sd's  on a Beelink GT1 and they work just fine (boot Unbuntu without any problems). Can someone give me some advice on how to get this box on Linux because this is the only reason i bought this box. It would be running only Linux for 24/7, so installing linux on the box itself would also be an option.

Thank you in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

Try to use a USB device and try to connect media prepared in all USB ports.