Igor

[Device specific] Solid-Run Clearfog

Yes, sure. Go ahead ... BTW: can you try to compile U-boot for Armada ... it's failing for me on two different machines and it's suppose to work.

Wily, GCC 4.9 - fails with __stack_chk_* errors - usually this means wrong compiler options (stack protector)

Trusty in a container, fails with same error

It fails in tools/marvell directory, and it seems like there is non-standart Makefile and linker...

I fixed this error, now it fails with hard-float/soft-float (VFP) mismatch  :angry:

Compilation with recommended buildroot failed at kernel stage.

Edit: this must be a soft-float arch device, isn't it?

Edit 3: No, it's hard-float, but u-boot requires soft-float toolchain, probably due to old u-boot version or some changes to its source.

Edit 2: Compiles OK for me with soft-float 4.9 toolchain

Ext. headers = 1, Header size = 79360 bytes Hdr-to-Img gap = 0 bytes
New image size = 0xd4b80[871296] Source image size = 0xd4b7c[871292]
====>>>> u-boot.mmc was created
sudo make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- u-boot.mmc  74,18s user 8,78s system 96% cpu 1:25,63 total

I compiled kernel with with Armbian script, no problem.

... also tried buildroot yesterday and also failed. So U-boot is compiling now, with soft float?

I didn't try kernel compilation since u-boot failure terminated script before that.

I don't think that any device is designed to use soft-float u-boot with hard-float kernel, it's either this or that.

Manual compilation is working, but it won't work in Armbian build script since you need to change "arm-linux-gnueabihf-" to "arm-linux-gnueabi-" in make parameter, and possibly compilation target and u-boot file name for packaging. Plus this patch is required.

Edit: I'm referring to this page for make targets.