1 1
Benny1982

daily reboot with cron

Recommended Posts

i would like to reboot my cubi every day at 3 o clock,

my linux experience is not so good.

 

can same one explain me how i can do it with cron,

because i have no clue with the cron.d/crone.daily etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Benny1982 said:

i would like to reboot my cubi every day at 3 o clock - can same one explain me how i can do it with cron

login as root and open/create your crontab with crontabe -e

and insert:

# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# |  |  |  |  |
# *  *  *  *  * command to be executed
* 3 * * * /sbin/shutdown -r now

then save the file (if you selected nano as editor then with Ctrl+O, Enter and Ctrl+X)

-r ist for reboot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, guidol said:

login as root and open/create your crontab with crontabe -e

and insert:


# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# |  |  |  |  |
# *  *  *  *  * command to be executed
* 3 * * * /sbin/shutdown -r now

then save the file (if you selected nano as editor then with Ctrl+O, Enter and Ctrl+X)

-r ist for reboot

 

And if I want to poweroff. Would it be the same but just using poweroff command?

I am using Armbian Stretch on OrangePI PC2.

I will program the OrangePi to poweroff before the smartplug to which is plugged in switch the power off too.

Then I expect to reboot remotely by turning the smartplug on.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, usuario74 said:

And if I want to poweroff.  Would it be the same but just using poweroff command?

I am using Armbian Stretch on OrangePI PC2.

I will program the OrangePi to poweroff before the smartplug to which is plugged in switch the power off too.

Then I expect to reboot remotely by turning the smartplug on.

 

Yes - this will work :)
 

# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# |  |  |  |  |
# *  *  *  *  * command to be executed
* 3 * * * /sbin/poweroff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1