10 10
jock

CSC Armbian for RK3288 TV Box boards (Q8)

Yes you are right. I forgot that point about double boot which is not possible with jock image due to outdated uboot not able to boot from sdcard. I have no solution for you.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, paulludwig17 said:

Now I was trying to boot the image for the xt-q8l-v10, box but the display remains dark.

Is there a possibiliy by pressing any keys, to display a bootlog for further analysis ?

You have to open the box to find the uart pins and use an usb2ttl device to connect to another computer with a serical console software.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, paulludwig17 said:

If I understand instructions right, then I've to erase the firmware to boot from the SD card ?

But then, I will loose  android OS in general, what I would like to avoid.

Is there a dual boot firmware available, which will boot from

SD card and switch to internal memory only in case, there is no bootable sd card installed ?

At the moment, I have installed a firmware called "wasser 4.0.11", which is an android 6.0.1 version.

In the past I had a ugoos linux version (14.xx) on a SD card, which was able to boot with this firmware.

Now I was trying to boot the image for the xt-q8l-v10, box but the display remains dark.

Is there a possibiliy by pressing any keys, to display a bootlog for further analysis ?

best regards, Paul

Hello,

unfortunately there isn't a dual boot feature: the main reason is that the u-boot version originally shipped with the box is from 2014. It is quite outdated and it is able to boot Android boot images only.

When I started the project I made the design choice to support mainline u-boot to best support Armbian. In theory the original u-boot can boot from an external SD card, but the kernel, initramfs and other bits should be "mangled" to fit into an Android boot image, something I never experimented with.

The bootlog is available only from the serial port, so no way to show it up on screen.

If you take a look to the Armbian downloads page you can download the CSC official image and found the instructions to backup and restore the existing eMMC image.