Binary Execution error

bornpilot

What would cause the following dialog to show up when running a binary?

: No such file or directory

When I run strace against the file I get the following for the execution command. 

execve("./spyserver", ["./spyserver"], [/* 20 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

1 hour ago, bornpilot said:

What would cause the following dialog to show up when running a binary?

: No such file or directory

When I run strace against the file I get the following for the execution command. 

execve("./spyserver", ["./spyserver"], [/* 20 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

This probably won't be helpful, but I've experience similar error messages when accidentally running ARM64 Golang binaries on arm32 boxes.

21 hours ago, bornpilot said:

Lanefu that's actually helpful. Yes, so the binary file was complied for ARMv7 and my board is ARMv8 however,  from the arm documentation there is support for aarch32 for backwards compatibility with ARMv7 applications. 

That is true, but you still need the 32bit libraries for all the supporting dependencies or run a statically linked binary.

I usually just run all my 32bit stuff in containers of 32bit flavors of whatever distro on my 64bit arm boards.  If that's an option for you, its usually pretty streamlined.   Ends up being pretty convenient as I have mixture of boards and it makes it easy to move workloads around.

13 minutes ago, bornpilot said:

lanfu,  what application are you using for your containers? Docker or something else?

yep just docker.   Try building your container from the `arm32v7/ubuntu` image.

and just a pro tip, this command will clean up all your old docker messes   `docker system prune -a`