Upgrade from legacy kernel to mainline

vlad59

Hi all,

I've been using a banana pi as a home server since forever. It's currently running bananian with a legacy kernel. I want to use docker to make it cleaner to use so mainline is needed.

My banana pi is running off a 256Go SSD (SATA) and connected through a Gigabit Switch (that's why I did not find many replacement over the years, both low power, SATA and Gigabits are hard to find even with Hardkernel stuff).

So first what's running on my server now :

* nzbget

* nfs server

* nginx as reverse proxy

* nginx + php

* MQTT server (Mosquitto)

* MQTT relay server (with mqttwarn)

* homemade domotic stuff

For all of this, I guess docker will be ok.

Next I'm also using some stuff over GPIO :

* a DHT22 sensor

* a Nokia 5110 LCD

* two pushbuttons

* An Uart connected to an arduino (for domotic nodes)

I have another banana pi so I installed latest armbian and made some tests.

I was using WiringBP (https://github.com/LeMaker/WiringBP) and it seems to be still working with a mainline kernel so the DHT22, Nokia LCD and pushbuttons are OK (even if I was using SPI for the nokia display with legacy kernel and had to bitbang with mainline).

For the uart, If I read well I'll have to edit the dtc to enable it (I was using the J11 headers for ease of use). I'll try to read more and do that.

So for all that it should work.

No the hard stuff :

* I was using the csi camera, it seems it's not supported with mainline ?

* I also wanted to replace my smallish nokia LCD screen with a larger one (to tell the truth, wife's order), so I naturally thought of using Lemaker screens : 7' or 5' . Again it seems it's not supported.

Is there any workaround, alternative ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.