Got questions on how to rebuild app packages w new options

jerryn

I would like to rebuild ffmpeg, and mpv with additional build options.

Is there a posted how-to ?

The build environment is different. I am used to pulling down the package source, modify , recompile and build the updated package.

Also how would I add plexmedia player  to the Armbian  build ? I have it working.. just need to add hardware acceleration to ffmpeg and mpv before I package it up and get it into the Armbian build.

23 hours ago, jerryn said:

The build environment is different. I am used to pulling down the package source, modify , recompile and build the updated package.

Manuals are a bit poor in this area and we also have a few different ways to cope with this problem. Check this: https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/packages/extras-buildpkgs It was developed by @zador.blood.stained so my assistance is on basic level. Old dirty (deprecated to be) way: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/packages/extras/mt7601.sh 

I am reworking basic packaging system (in this branch) to be able to have per board or per family compile/scripting/packing and to solve some of the problems present in a current situation. 

If you get the problem compilable on the board and make a human readable bash script out of this it's already a big step. 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:19 PM, jerryn said:

Also how would I add plexmedia player  to the Armbian  build ? I have it working.. just need to add hardware acceleration to ffmpeg and mpv before I package it up and get it into the Armbian build.

As long as you can make it work with ffmpeg versions that match the upstream distribution versions (Xenial, Stretch, Bionic), it could be done.

We tried building newer ffmpeg and mpv in extras-buildpackages and providing those packages (you can probably recover the files from git history), but it resulted in breaking more than improving (or you would need to rebuild every upstream Debian/Ubuntu package that depends on libav* and libsw* packages, and building ffmpeg by itself in a generic automated way creates a dependency nightmare already).

Thanks.  The Rockchip VPU had issues with my MKV files.    I ended up using DRM for the MPV video output driver.   No frames dropped!  I enabled the native CEC controls, next I'll be enabling the native OSD.    The Plex OSD does not work with X11 or DRM video output drivers.   Plex used the opengl_cb video output driver.    opengl_cb with kmpp support had issues.  It appears that the hardware decoder and rockchip library does not work well with x264 video.  I got plenty of errors.  

NanoPC-T4 with PMP configured with DRM as video output.