Banana Pi M2 (bpi-m2) Gigabit ethernet slow

JSellares

Hi,

I installed 'Armbian_5.00_Bananapim2_Ubuntu_trusty_4.4.1_desktop' image recently, because I had some problems with sinovoip images (strange hugh? :)).

One of the problems was the gigabit ethernet slowness, but it seems with the armbian OS is still the same.

I get around 30Mbit/sec only on iperf tests. I have tested my network connections & router and I can get much more speed through other computers, but the banana shows this slow mark. The gigabit ethernet connection was one of the reasons tu buy the banana, but I don't know if I am doing something wrong, if I have a bad unit, etc... I have found some internet benchmarks but all of them are based on the original banana pi, which shows very good ethernet speeds.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Best Regards,

Guest JSellares

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

So this bad performance does not make any sense... Maybe I have a defective unit? Any suggestion / parameter that I can check/change?

Regards,

Hi,

I have the RTL8211E :-/

By the way. Something weird happened. I have all the network connected using Cat 5e cables and Cat 6, but yesterday I found a shorter Cat 5 cable that I was not using and, just to test it, i used it to connect the banana. Guess what? Now iperf is showing 40Mbit/sec! I don't understany anything! xD. The cable used to connect the banana was a cross-over Cat 5e cable. I will go today and buy some Cat 6 cables to replace all the ones that I have and I will test everything again, because the results are quite weird.

Thank you for your time,

Best regards