Orange Pi Lite - now available

Tido

Do you mean that it is some kind of regression bug introduced recently in u-boot ?

EDIT : searching quickly, I've only find #define CONFIG_ARMV7_PSCI_NR_CPUS 4 in u-boot/v2016.05/u-boot.cfg.

okay so the PSCI breadcrumb was a critical one.. thanks @jernej

I think it IS a u-boot bug of some sorts...

it led me to the bottom of this page

I added another setenv line in /boot/boot.cmd

setenv bootm_boot_mode=nonsec

then did the mkimage command documented at the bottom of boot.cmd to remake script.bin and now I have 4 cores

So the funny thing is H3 is supposed to default to HYP/non-sec mode.. and most of the u-boot configs for h3 look like they point that way, but i'm gonna have to look closer.. there's a few conditionals that look like it might flip the boot mode in the other direction.

that's gratifying at east.. now if i could get rid of thermal read errors and make the onboard NIC work i'd be really excited.

Thermal error just seems to be once on bootup.

The CPU throttling actually seems pretty smart on mainline.. it'll take it down to 240 mhz.   at idle.. I'm doing a stress test of 

yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null &

and it stayed at 1296 mhz until it hits 75 C, then briefly throttles to 648mhz then back up.. pretty cool.

Do you mean that it is some kind of regression bug introduced recently in u-boot ?

EDIT : searching quickly, I've only find #define CONFIG_ARMV7_PSCI_NR_CPUS 4 in u-boot/v2016.05/u-boot.cfg.

Not sure. I know that in latest git there is PSCI code rework, so it is possible that there was some sort of bug introduced. But since I'm using legacy kernel it doesn't affect me.

@jernej, thanks anyway !

@lanefu, thanks for the hint, for as soon I'm trying to change bootm_boot_mode to "nonsec", I'm getting a kernel panic with my 4.6.2 ... :(

@tkaiser probably could help to figure out about this bootm_boot_mode, since he added it as "sec" to boot.cmd on Feb 19th :

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/commit/80247916c6631a84eed2a9b040aed8bac430af4b