All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. It must be the password errors. Somehow I made it without typing too soft or hard. Desktop loaded. Retype foreman password once and I guess that's all it takes to break it. I also went for minimal desktop this time to save time and bandwidth. I added full desktop after that. Thanks for the reply! I'm a dunce lol
  3. Yesterday
  4. I was really interested in the RK3399Pro until I saw the NPU chip they used on this PI4 is much more powerful than the RK3399Pro. But there is one module/evaluation board somewhere with the Pro version and HDMI-IN. I can't find it now, but it does exist, and I would love to try it. There also is the db3399-pro which is tempting... @NicoD: I am also interested in seeing a RK3399K version one of these days.
  5. Hi Liam, You must read the first post, before you start: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930-armbian-for-amlogic-s9xxx-kernel-5x/ hold on, when you read the first post here DO NOT START. Now you read this first post, this will save you a lot of time and explain you the steps: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x-ver-544/ I hope this helps.
  6. @easyb good news, I managed to make your dtb work with the @balbes150 LE image so that we also have support for usb wifi dongle, which as I said in the past the usb wifi dongle doesn't work on the official generic image, I'll link you a clearer one explanation as soon as I approve the post on freaktab. The only problem: does not work the LibreElec repository (it is a problem of the image 9.1 of balbes150), I had to use a 9.1 image of balbes150 because your dtb only works with 9.1 LE, if you could to update your dtb to make it compatible with Libre elec 9.80 kernel 4 we would have a Libre Elec practically perfect and updated. I really hope you can do it, my regards, Digit
  7. Oh great, I was suspecting the contrary. That's good news indeed, I will test one tomorrow morning.
  8. Most of these images are headless images, to say without desktop environment. One exception is the "desktop" labeled image for the OPi3 which I provide as special request by a user.
  9. Thanks a lot for this link @Werner. I'd like to do a quick test, so your images could prove very handy, but I'm not against building it by myself, on the contrary. If I know it's working for me, I can build regularly on my side. Anyway, you don't seem to have a server-only image for the Zero/One, do you? I don't need/want a desktop, I just want to try H.264 encoding features of the H2+/H3/H5/H6. I could not help myself, I ordered an OrangePi PC.
  10. @pask, @NicoD, @pkfox, @TCB13 Would you find some time for building and running the Armbian image from my branch: https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/nanopi-m4v2-u-boot-v2019.10-ddr-miniloader The build: is based on latest: u-boot and ddr/miniloader/bl31 from Rockchip (could not get mine to run reliably with u-boot's TPL/SPL combo) has lowered min frequency to 408MHz contains wi-fi firmware provided by @martinayotte in this thread For my tests I mainly build minimal `dev` target: ./compile.sh minimal BOARD=nanopim4v2 BRANCH=dev RELEASE=buster It would be grate if you could find some time to test it
  11. Well, I remember sometimes seeing strange errors related to u-boot script loading in the logs when you were testing my `blind` builds. For which I thank you again @pask I continue to run stable with the combination of latest ddr/miniloader/bl31 combo from Rockchip and min frequency lowered to 408MHz but I use only console so our crashes may not be related. For building u-boot I mostly exploit Armbian build system running in Vagrant. After this PR: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1616 which I merged into my branch it became really easy to tinker with u-boot, build u-boot alone and dd the bootloader parts to SD. When it comes to docs I think these places come to my mind as a starter: http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Boot_option#U-Boot https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/doc/README.rockchip https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/d184b0393038be2bf29d78fd9cf469e7a26b5f0c/config/sources/families/rk3399.conf#L23 https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/families/include/rockchip64_common.inc#L63
  12. Thanks a lot. It works fine. It asked for a password when I entered the command like you just told, so how to use this command in rc.local or how to execute it at boot?? Edit: Simply added the line to /etc/rc.local Thanks again btw
  13. When using "sudo", it only affect the left part, here "echo", everything at right of ">" isn't "sudo" applied ... So, if you wish to use "sudo", syntax would be : echo "default-on" | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/orangepi:green:pwr/trigger Note here : "power" is not an available choice, do "cat /sys/class/leds/orangepi:green:pwr/trigger", it will show you all possible choices and the current setting is indicated with brackets. The choice you probably wish is "default-on".
  14. @pavelectric Why there is no source code of your project? I would like to patch it to work with RockPi 4. Also Friendlyelec is hiding the code, but do not forget that original WiringPi was written by Gordon, open source, so also your forks and Friedlyelec's forks should be open source.
  15. Hi ! I am running deb stretch server on OPi Zero LTS. To control LEDs I tried to follow this thread https://forum.armbian.com/topic/6306-orange-pi-zero-h2-status-led/ So if I edit the file /sys/class/leds/orangepi:green:pwr/trigger to select "cpu" but I get the following opi@orangepizero:/$ sudo echo "power" > /sys/class/leds/orangepi:green:pwr/trigger -bash: /sys/class/leds/orangepi:green:pwr/trigger: Permission denied With root as user, this is what I get root@orangepizero:/# echo "power" > /sys/class/leds/orangepi:green:pwr/trigger bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument however, if I edit the file using nano and delete all contents and then type cpu then it gets saved and green led shows intended status. Whats the standard procedure to do this??
  16. @piter75 At the moment I'm running Manjaro with 5.3.11 kernel on the M4v2: I'm experiencing lots of freezes that I'm not been able to diagnose and troubleshoot so far. I was suspecting power issues (which could also explain the USB issues that @NicoDdescribes). But, this morning I tried to use the Raspberry Pi4 official power adapter and cable, which I know to be dependable. But while I was doing a dd of a 4GB file on the SD card, the board got stuck for the umpteenth time: so, now I believe my issues might be related to the SD card / controller. Anyway, in the evening I'll burn a M4 image with the default kernel to see if it's stable under high CPU and I/O load. @piter75 Do you have any link to share explaining all the components needed and where to get them, to build from scratch and burn the bootloader for arm rk3399 boards? I found so much information around but nothing clear and simple enough I could use
  17. modules.dep - is this a file? I did copy the modules directory for the kernel 5.2 recursive to the card dep could be dependecies?
  18. Hi, I encountered such a problem, MAG322 can do it, I was surprised when I connected it to the TV, everything works at maximum parameters, it’s a very cool thing, and the build quality is not artisanal China, many games and functions.
  19. I would like to enable SPI on RockPi4, but I don't know how. Further I did a list of I2C devices, also I can't figure out where those I2C devices are suppposed to be: pi@rockpi:~$ sudo sudo i2cdetect -l i2c-0 i2c rk3x-i2c I2C adapter i2c-1 i2c rk3x-i2c I2C adapter i2c-2 i2c rk3x-i2c I2C adapter i2c-4 i2c rk3x-i2c I2C adapter i2c-7 i2c rk3x-i2c I2C adapter i2c-9 i2c DesignWare HDMI I2C adapter This is I2C map from schematics: Note, the listing is different: 0, 1, 2, 4, 7, 9 VS. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 from schematics. Now probing: pi@rockpi:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: UU UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- This one is correct 0x40, 0x41, 0x1b shall be used by system pi@rockpi:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0x11 Not in the map, possibly audio IC from schematics - ES8316? pi@rockpi:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: 30 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0x30 is not in the map. FUSB302B chip in the map 0x44, 0x46 doesn't exist? I would like to use I2C_7 GPIO2_A7/VOP_D7/CIF_D7/I2C7_SDA and GPIO2_B0/VOP_CLK/CIF_VSYNC/I2C7_SCL these are located on RPI header pin 3,5 ; which I2C device is this? How to enable SPI device? I wold like to connect a SPI slave on RPI header - same SPI channel as SPI flash which is not mounted. EDIT: pi@rockpi:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 38 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 68 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- OK, these are devices connected on RPI header I2C7.
  20. @guidol ok, I see Did you also copy modules.dep ? I have not yet tired this new kernel.
  21. try the corresponding forum for your TV-Box on Android here: https://forum.freaktab.com/
  22. Hmm yea something like size of "NanoPi NEO Core2-LTS" and instead equip with 2 or 4Gb of RAM including RK3399 would be nice for my scenario. The NEO4 has only 1Gb and also no need for BT and WiFi, supply as possible add on. Perhaps something for Shenzhen Xunlong Software CO.,Limited to manufacture?
  23. I did that yesterday, but the LicheePi Zero doesnt boot up complete and I cant see why
  24. My first available time slot to possible fix this is in three months from now if I will not forget about. My task list is full so I am unable to add more things to it. Let's wait if someone fixes this (project is open) or it will remain as is.
  25. Please tell me how to install linux onto an android tv box. Also, i recently purchased purevpn since theres an 82% off on it. Would it work for me on the linux OS? If not then please provide alternatives
  26. @guidol simply copy all the kernel module files from the "out" folder to /lib/modules/kernelversion folder
  27. If you did not compile it by yourself yet and/or do not want to you can grab a quite recent 5.3.x image for the OPi Zero and some other models through the link in my signature down below.
  1. Load more activity