Armbian_5.07 jessie_3.4.111 not working

Hello. I have troubles with the new version from source. The main reason i compile it from source, instead of downloading pre-build images is to enable CMA in kernel config. And now i try to apply some patches like in this last post - Kodi/XBMC on Armbian with hw Accleration possible? . The version i try is CLI Armbian_5.07_Lamobo-r1_Debian_jessie_3.4.111. First there are some errors at the very beginning, then first boot is freezing at recreating SSH keys and after long time some messages for disconnecting and reconnecting USB devices appears and that's all, no reboot. I thought those patches are the problem and try without them, same condition. I have builded image from previous Armbian_5.06 and it work with no problem with the same configuration there and even more, but without those kernel patches. Applying only .deb patches of Armbian_5.07 over working and setting in system with Armbian_5.06 led me to boot loop. What could be the case of those problems with 5.07? It has to be some change between this and previous 5.06 version.

And one other question, maybe a little dumb, but i am unexperienced. How can i step back in armbian git hub so i can build 5.06 with those patches, which i know is working, instead of latest?

I suspect you have hardware - power related troubles. In this case, first deal with them, than proceed with testing new system. You are wasting time.

What is this telling you?

armbianmonitor -u

I am 99% sure it is not hardware - power related issue. I am using 5V/6A adapter on battery connector, heatsinks and active cooling from months with no problems so far. On Armbian_5.07 i disconnected everything on USB but First boot still failed. Will try armbianmonitor -u later on working image, but this is not the case.

Those messages for disconnected and resetting USB devises look like standard log messages that appears after First boot freeze at recreating SSH. If i manually connect and disconnect something, message also appear. And if i reboot, First boot start again to the same point. Again, i have previous Armbian_5.06 image and it boot and work with no problems, every other image too. I am pretty sure the problem is in latest version somewhere.

So is there a way to switch to older 5.06 in github and compile older version? I need this for those kernel patches, otherwise i already have working 5.06 image. Is it anything related to this:

You have to add parameter

KERNELBRANCH to:

userpatches/lib.config

and it will work.

from other topic :) ?

This here is the time stamp when $REVISION was increased: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/commit/78aeacd668e3f82e72ae397cf377b220912be5d3#diff-0a30c16b7ceda04b74ad5a1dc0a9e2a3

Since you're using legacy kernel KERNELBRANCH won't help you that much. So now you could have a look which patches that are kernel related have been added since back then: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/tree/master/patch/kernel/sun7i-defaultand try to disable them.

Or you try it more methodical and only apply the kernel related packages (everything except u-boot) to your working 5.06 image. And in case you haven't checked the SD card you use please consider testing it in between using F3 or H2testw. There was an u-boot issue with A20 but I believe since we reverted back to u-boot 2016.01 this shouldn't affect you...