I need a suggestion for a samba server (guess that is what it is called).  I have an 8 TB external powered HD, and need a device that I can attach it to, so I can "see" it on the network.  I had it attached to the USB 3 port on my Asus router, but it had issues, because the router did not support the  8 TB HD.  I now have it connected to one of my microPCs (Tronsmart Ara X5) USB 3 ports, but I am only gettting  a max of 12 MBs speed.

I would like an inexpensive board that will support that drive and is easy to set up as a samba server.....

thanks.

17 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

an 8 TB external powered HD

Way back I had such a problem with BIOS, the trick was, divide the HDD into 2 or 3 partitions.  Did you try this already?

On 5/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, Tido said:

Way back I had such a problem with BIOS, the trick was, divide the HDD into 2 or 3 partitions.  Did you try this already?

Sorry for my late response.  No, I did not try that.  I really did not want to do that, I wanted just one large partition.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, Werner said:

What about ROCK64? Featuring USB3 and GBE. 25$ for the 1GB RAM board.

Interesting.  I have one of the original Pine64 boards, still running linux on it, will that work?

On 5/24/2019 at 8:13 PM, guidol said:

define: inexpensive board ;)

Did not want to go over $50 USD, just to get this 8 TB drive to be accessible over my network.