Orange Pi Plus does not start with Armbian Plus but with Orangepih3

Erik

Hi,

I bought about a year ago an orange pi plus.

Just a few weeks ago, i tryed the new distro's

I love to have debian on the board.

And like your distro verry much.

I have 2 problems:

1)

If i download the file for orangepiplus, the board does nothing. No leds go on, no grafics on screen, nothing

I also tryed at home compiling it myself. The result is the same nothing.

My Orange Pi Plus has an H3 processor - it is one of the first OrangePi Plus boards.

(Is this an error in your piplus distro - just because loborus for piplus works)

2)

If i download the orangepih3 file, the board will startup.

I can not run sata-nand, because i get an error - about incorrect hardware

the ethernet eth0 does not respond, at boot time it waits for about 1:35 min:sec trying to bring it up. Eth0 shows up, but did not get configuration from dhcp. I can give eth0 an ip/mask/gateway but eth0 will not work

(i can use an usb-eth adapter as eth1, this works)

I have the same problem with loborus debian_wheezy --> no eth0

I can download lubuntu from the orangepi.org (2015-06-25) and this works, also the eth0 works.

Can you help

I want to try to get you orangePiPlus disto working on my Orangepi

Thx

http://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus/

I have exactly the same board in front of me and it's working perfectly fine with images from download section. System / Debian Jessie resist on internal eMMC transferred there with our nand-sata-install tool. Have you read trough manual - there are links on the download page? Some problems might come come up in certain scenarios but if you attach only screen, power and network cable it should be fine. Remove things on USB at boot time ...

I have "solved" the problem, but i don't understand a bit of it.

I have now a working version with orangepiplus.

I can only startup with the rapoo e2000p wireless keyboard disconnected. With the usb receiver pluged in - the board will not start.

If i try the Armbian_5.10_Orangepih3_Debian_jessie_3.4.1112.desktop the board starts with the usb-receiver plugged in - but i have no eth0 -rest works then.

So i said, i don't understand why in every case till now the board starts, only specific this one (armbian for orangepiplus) not.

Thanks for your time.

Erik

I can only startup with the rapoo e2000p wireless keyboard disconnected. With the usb receiver pluged in - the board will not start.

I would say it's a bug in HID drivers in U-boot or a bug in u-boot itself. Some input devices are sending some junk (junk = key pressed) and if you press a key, you stop the u-boot process and you get into u-boot command line.

I had the same problem with my OrangePiPlus. The crazy simple solution:
I copied the * .raw image to a normal sd card. After that, i backed those image file up and copied them with the program dd on the micro sd card.
--> The problem was only the * .raw image on the micro sd card copied an unknown file format generated.