Pine A64 no HDMI signal

klode82

Resolution 1024x768 means that kernel was unable to read EDID so it sets default one. This happened now and then on my boards, most frequently with OrangePi PC2. I found out that this problem is solved if display driver in U-Boot is disabled.

14 hours ago, jernej said:

Resolution 1024x768 means that kernel was unable to read EDID so it sets default one. This happened now and then on my boards, most frequently with OrangePi PC2. I found out that this problem is solved if display driver in U-Boot is disabled.

Thanks @jernej for your reply. What is U-Boot, and how can I modify it? If you mean one of the file inside /boot folder, I have a boot.cmd with this setenv:

setenv video-mode sunxi:1920x1080@50,monitor=dvi,hpd=0,edid=1

I don't remember if I've insert this setenv or it has always be there. Does I need to remove it?

U-Boot is a bootloader, which does low level HW initialization and is responsible for loading Linux and starting it. Sadly, it's not accessible trough file system and no variable will solve this issue. It needs to be re-compiled with display driver disabled and then re-flashed. @Igor how critical is U-Boot display driver? If it is not so critical, I would suggest that CONFIG_VIDEO_DE2 gets disabled for all devices.

16 minutes ago, jernej said:

how critical is U-Boot display driver? If it is not so critical, I would suggest that CONFIG_VIDEO_DE2 gets disabled for all devices.

We can live without a display in u-boot, especially if this helps in proper detection. I'll try to squeeze this in next update.