Orange Pi PC USB DAC Problem

Minho Park

Hi!

I have a problem in using USB DAC.

USB DAC has been usually plugined in USB port and when OPi PC boots up, it is recognized by alsa but cannot be played.

As I observed, green lights on boards -> USB DAC wakes up -> it takes a little while till red light -> USB DAC goes into power save mode with light blinking -> red lights up -> USB DAC wakes up again -> after booting, USB DAC is recognized by alsa but cannot play music through USB DAC e.g. mplayer2 shows "Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound."

The only work around that I know is to plug in USB DAC after power up the board, i.e. power on OPi PC first -> plug in USB DAC and it wakes up -> play music.

Plugging in USB DAC every time I hear music is annoying.

I am not sure this problem is related to slow boot up and USB DAC power saving, however your advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

s-l300.jpg

I have such cheap DAC for testing purposes and I made quick test, Opi Lite, latest 3.4.112 freshly built image, Debian Wheezy.

Working out of the box. I can hear a sound without any plug / unplug. Just power on and it's working, like it must.

What kind of DAC do you use and did you tried with powered USB hub?

Thanks for your advice however it does not resolve the issue.

USB DAC linkage seems to weak, it stops playing sometimes and replugging is needed.

I tried another self-powered USB DAC and it plays UPnP audio renderer flawlessly while mplayer stream does not.

It would be better to wait for the upcoming releases.