teknoid

BananaPi pro Buster minimal image partly broken

I've just installed latest minimal image (https://dl.armbian.com/bananapipro/Buster_current_minimal) and found some issues:

Doing apt-get update results in:

30 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/49.8 MB of archives.
After this operation, 618 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] 
Preconfiguring packages ...
dpkg-deb: error while loading shared libraries: dpkg-deb: unsupported version 0 of Verneed record
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_10.3+deb10u3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 dpkg-deb --control subprocess returned error exit status 127

I fixed this by using an old dpkg-deb that i copied over /usr/bin/dpkg-deb. After doing that upgrade went fine.

At each login I get message

Warning: a reboot is needed to finish resizing the filesystem  
Please reboot the system as soon as possible  

So it looks like armbian-firstrun did not properly work. I check system log and found:

May  3 13:52:36 localhost armbian-firstrun[1029]: /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-firstrun: line 39: iozone: command not found

I installed iozone3 and manually run "/usr/lib/armbian/armbian-firstrun start". Reboot, but message still there. So I deleted rm /var/run/resize2fs-reboot. Reboot, still there. Hmmm.

I deleted /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/armbian-firstrun-config.service. Still there.

It was finally gone after doing systemctl disable armbian-resize-filesystem.service

Greetings

Heiko