0
The

BananaPi M1 stops to work

Recommended Posts

Armbianmonitor:

 

Hello,

 

my BananaPi M1 sometimes just stops working. The maximum uptime is 5 days. Usually the time is shorter. The system simply hangs. I can no longer access the system via SSH. When I connect a monitor to HDMI, nothing is displayed, so I can log in.

I have connected an external hard drive that is self-powered. I know the stories with the power supply. I have run ' stress -c 2 -m 1 '. The system remains stable.

Time CPU load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq CPU PMIC DC-IN C.St

19:09:19: --- 0.69 10% 5% 5% 4% 0% 0% 49.3°C 42.4°C 5.10V 0/6
19:09:49: --- 2.16 100% 33% 66% 0% 0% 0% 50.2°C 43.6°C 5.10V 0/6
19:10:16: --- 3.18 100% 33% 65% 0% 0% 1% 50.2°C 44.0°C 5.06V 0/6
19:10:47: --- 3.58 100% 33% 64% 0% 0% 1% 51.0°C 44.4°C 5.05V 0/6
19:11:17: --- 3.96 100% 33% 64% 0% 0% 1% 51.4°C 44.9°C 5.03V 0/6
19:11:47: --- 4.34 100% 33% 65% 0% 0% 1% 51.1°C 45.0°C 5.09V 0/6
19:12:17: --- 4.42 100% 33% 65% 0% 0% 1% 51.3°C 45.3°C 5.07V 0/6

 

I also executed 'armbianmonitor -u'.The log is here: http://ix.io/2lzX

 

I checked syslog, daemon.log, user.log, armbian-ramlog.log for errors. With my amateurish understanding I did not find any error entries. In which logs can I still look up to search for errors?

 

I have installed armbian buster minimal. Additionally I have pihole, transmission (to seed armbian torrents https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4198-seed-our-torrents/) and syncthing running. Other programs I have not installed yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also observing similar issue (device is not accessible via ssh after some time - from few hours to couple days). This happened with kernels 5.3.x (don't remember exactly which one I've installed) and the same 5.4.35 (I'm using Ubuntu).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Igor Thanks in advance. I changed the setup. In '/etc/default/cpufrequtils' is saw 'MAX_SPEED=1010000'. With 'cpufreq-info' i saw this line 'hardware limits: 144 MHz - 960 MHz'. I changed the value to 'MAX_SPEED=960000'.

 

Best regards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no /etc/default/cpufrequtils in my case but /etc/default/cpufrequtils.dpkg-old instead. I've copied it to /etc/default/cpufrequtils, replaced 'ondemand' to 'performance' and rebooted a device.

$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
performance

Uptime is 23 hours at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 9:09 PM, Igor said:

Try changing CPU governor to "performance" and report if that helps.

My uptime is 7 days. As long as never before. I guess the change to "performance" works. Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
0