upgrading Kernel from 5.9 to 5.10

andker

forgive me for asking such a seemingly stupid thing, but I can't find any info about it.
i have a H6 Q+ tv box with Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0 on it, updated via apt-get update & upgrade but the kernel is still 5.9.
now i've seen that the latest applicable image would be Armbian_21.05.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_buster_current_5.10.20, but i can't understand how to upgrade

from sudo armbian-config - system - other i can switch only to "linux-image-current-arm-64=20.08 (5.7.16-arm-64)" or "linux-image-current-arm-64=20.07 (5.7.7-arm-64)". Is that correct? should I switch to one of these two?

with cat /etc/armbian-release I get

# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE

BOARD=arm-64

BOARD_NAME="ARM-64"

BOARDFAMILY=arm-64

BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian.git

BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=62b8c07-dirty

DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=buster

DISTRIBUTION_STATUS=supported

VERSION=20.10

LINUXFAMILY=arm-64

BRANCH=current

ARCH=arm64

IMAGE_TYPE=user-built

BOARD_TYPE=conf

INITRD_ARCH=arm64

KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image

thank you very much

14 часов назад, andker сказал:

forgive me for asking such a seemingly stupid thing, but I can't find any info about it.
i have a H6 Q+ tv box with Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0 on it, updated via apt-get update & upgrade but the kernel is still 5.9.
now i've seen that the latest applicable image would be Armbian_21.05.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_buster_current_5.10.20, but i can't understand how to upgrade

from sudo armbian-config - system - other i can switch only to "linux-image-current-arm-64=20.08 (5.7.16-arm-64)" or "linux-image-current-arm-64=20.07 (5.7.7-arm-64)". Is that correct? should I switch to one of these two?

with cat /etc/armbian-release I get

The version of the image you are using is not official and there are no kernel updates for it via network repositories. You can try to build the latest version of the kernel yourself (directly on the device itself from under the Armbian system) and manually install it.

The focus of armbian is supporting mainline linux.  There really isn't any interest in supporting the legacy kernels.  The legacy kernels are not supported and because of their age are full of known security vulnerabilities.  However the build framework will let you build one if you need to.