Orange Pi3 lts

igorh

27 minutes ago, sekil said:

Not booting!

Try using stock uboot for orange pi 3 - i'm think you adding some bugs with your uboot patches or maybe build system have bugs.. 

after writing image to sd card - i'm cant see any partitions besides fat - 

Environment size: 4621/131068 bytes
=> mmc part

Partition Map for MMC device 0  --   Partition Type: DOS

Part    Start Sector    Num Sectors     UUID            Type
  1     8192            2039808         aa174f31-01     83

But from your configs - need using partition 2!

Basically start again! Lol! OK I'll do that. Thing is though, the dts file I'm using, is the same as the opi3 one. But I'll give it a go. I added a couple of bits into the bootargs, but other than that, opi3 and opi3lts dts file are the same! They are both exactly the same on orangepi repo too. I think think it may be a build issue to be honest. Not sure though...

7 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

Basically start again! Lol! OK I'll do that. Thing is though, the dts file I'm using, is the same as the opi3 one. But I'll give it a go. I added a couple of bits into the bootargs, but other than that, opi3 and opi3lts dts file are the same! They are both exactly the same on orangepi repo too. I think think it may be a build issue to be honest. Not sure though...

Ok. Need trying build clean opi3 image and test on stock build system. 

3 minutes ago, sekil said:

Ok. Need trying build clean opi3 image and test on stock build system. 

I'll do that when I get home. So basically just build for opi3, and boot that. Then if it works, start porting that across to opi3-lts?

Which is what I was going to do. Then decided to use orangepis files from their repos instead. Damn. Wish I'd done it from the beginning now!

And ill run without any userpatches what so ever? Just armbians stock patches? Run on every build?

How long you available for testing?

4 минуты назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

well ive just booted it... the op13 image. ive taken a dmesg, now just about to get it off the card and upload it! pretty sure i saw regulator issues?

Im build clean opi3 image - not booting too!

Buggy armbian - what more can I say..

Uart disabled for debugging, uart console with bugs - when typing, letters appear with a delay and not all are printed  - the current state is terrible for opi3 - who maintain this?? strange..

to be honest - orange pi build works perfectly in this regard ))

30 minutes ago, sekil said:

Im build clean opi3 image - not booting too!

Buggy armbian - what more can I say..

Uart disabled for debugging, uart console with bugs - when typing, letters appear with a delay and not all are printed  - the current state is terrible for opi3 - who maintain this?? strange..

i dont know who maintains it? heres the dmesg i was able to get.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GHGrtHVZzMLQ0o1h_B7US2EB40pTL-OU/view?usp=sharing

Im pretty certain its nothing were doing wrong. like you said, i think its just buggy. im wondering if porting a different device would work? dont think anything else is similar though. and im pretty certain its about the regulator banks. its the same error every image we try... vcc-pc-supply & vcc-pd-supply, and not finding vcc-pf-supply. vcc-pf isnt even needed for this board! its not listed in allwinners datasheets or anything!

As you can see my vcc-pc and vcc-pd regulators are found and seen! 

But the at the bottom its throws a regulator not found vcc-pf.

I don't think that's even defined for h6!

It's pulling something else from config wise from somewhere else...

Screenshot_20220328-212505_Chrome.jpg

9 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

Im pretty certain its nothing were doing wrong. like you said, i think its just buggy. im wondering if porting a different device would work? dont think anything else is similar though. and im pretty certain its about the regulator banks. its the same error every image we try... vcc-pc-supply & vcc-pd-supply, and not finding vcc-pf-supply. vcc-pf isnt even needed for this board! its not listed in allwinners datasheets or anything!

For me image wont booting - stay in initramfs - without any message on uart - only in hdmi lcd.. error related to rootfs not found... but uboot loading from ext4 partition script and runing - strange what kernel want)) 

Need enable uart and i'm trying debug this - maybe yes some regulator not enabling mmc devices and kernel not finded rootfs..

1 minute ago, sekil said:

For me image wont booting - stay in initramfs - without any message on uart - only in hdmi lcd.. error related to rootfs not found... but uboot loading from ext4 partition script and runing - strange what kernel want)) 

This is what makes me think it's possibly voltage related. Don't know if this is possible. But I seem to be getting further than anyone else. 

And that's the only thing that's different. 

Although saying that, the orangepi image works, but armbian doesn't.

It has to be an armbian codebase issue. 

I wonder if it's a "build" issue rather than a uboot/kernel issue? 🤔

9 hours ago, sekil said:

Need edit boot.scr script - 

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/bootscripts/boot-sunxi.cmd

change 

to

And you see debug messages for kernel booting

oh ok thank you! ill do this and get back to you... 

9 hours ago, sekil said:

Need edit boot.scr script - 

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/bootscripts/boot-sunxi.cmd

change 

to

And you see debug messages for kernel booting

Found this: 

https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/6a5363370318c15c25bdee534a61672e6d9ca304

Now orange pi have removed half of this patch. And the commit lightly touches on exactly what we're seeing the the regulators issues...

23 hours ago, sekil said:

setenv earlycon "on"

So I've done another build for the opi3 lts, done with early console turned on, and one for the opi3. 

I will try booting these shortly, maybe tonight. Been a bit tight on time last night and tonight.

I've uploaded the opi3-lts one here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s7BKzNnWFvrHC35w4oORbrkzmeos7jkl/view?usp=drivesdk

Just incase anyone wants to try it. It's had that patch mentioned above removed. I have no idea if it's even going to do anything. I haven't tested yet. I doubt it though. As soon as I burn it to card and boot it, I'll post up logs and everything too. 

We will get to the bottom of this! Haha!

2 minutes ago, sekil said:

I'm enable early console - but this not helping to showing messages when booting on lcd or uart ((

Good news - i'm test new build from orangepi build with latest 5.16 kernel - all working and internal sound card!!!!

Ah well ill stop where I am then! Haha! I think I'll build that to be honest. And then in the background keep trying out armbian. 

I'm just annoyed it turned into such a task! Theoretically it should be fairly straightforward.

I bet any money it's one tiny line somewhere that needs changing. I can feel it! Haha! 

Might have to buy a second board in the near future just for developing! Haha! 

So apparently stopping isn't in my remit. 

I've been thinking/playing uboot. 

I want to experiment... If anyone would be so kind to help me?

@sekil @Kamileon @orangepifan @Rockford the Roe??

Basically I'm compiling 2 different images. One with orangepis stock uboot, and armbians kernel etc. Then I'll be compiling a second one, with armbians uboot, and orangepis 5.16 kernel and armbian. This way I will be able to narrow down to whether this is actually a uboot or a kernel issue. My money is on uboot... But you never know... 

Anyway, here's the link for the first image. This has armbians kernel, with orangepis uboot. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAFxJAj9CgHNkrPICbQIKsLXZhutQbCo/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks in advance guys! Look forward to the feedback! 

I'm success debug this - 

Need edit config/bootscripts/boot-sun50i-next.cmd (previos i'm edit wrong other sunxi script) - change setenv verbosity "1" to setenv verbosity "9"

Problem in kernel - axp806 chip not starting with r_rsb - need change to r_i2c!

[    1.847585] sunxi-rsb 7083000.rsb: RSB running at 3000000 Hz
[    1.847942] axp20x-rsb sunxi-rsb-745: AXP20x variant AXP806 found
[    1.848401] axp20x-rsb sunxi-rsb-745: Failed to set masks in 0x40: -5
[    1.848427] axp20x-rsb sunxi-rsb-745: failed to add irq chip: -5
[    1.848444] axp20x-rsb: probe of sunxi-rsb-745 failed with error -5

1 hour ago, sekil said:

I'm success debug this - 

Need edit config/bootscripts/boot-sun50i-next.cmd (previos i'm edit wrong other sunxi script) - change setenv verbosity "1" to setenv verbosity "9"

Problem in kernel - axp806 chip not starting with r_rsb - need change to r_i2c!

[    1.847585] sunxi-rsb 7083000.rsb: RSB running at 3000000 Hz
[    1.847942] axp20x-rsb sunxi-rsb-745: AXP20x variant AXP806 found
[    1.848401] axp20x-rsb sunxi-rsb-745: Failed to set masks in 0x40: -5
[    1.848427] axp20x-rsb sunxi-rsb-745: failed to add irq chip: -5
[    1.848444] axp20x-rsb: probe of sunxi-rsb-745 failed with error -5

Was this using the image I just uploaded with orangepi uboot? Or was this one you built? 

19 minutes ago, Kamileon said:

Still same result as before, drop to initram, in dmesg same pin problems

This is good! It means we're getting somewhere, it means uboot makes no difference. Possibly kernel then! 

1 минуту назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

Was this using the image I just uploaded with orangepi uboot? Or was this one you built? 

This with my clean armbian build.. 

Current i'm build new image with r_i2c changes in dts and try again..

2 minutes ago, sekil said:

This with my clean armbian build.. 

Current i'm build new image with r_i2c changes in dts and try again..

Ah OK! Would be interesting to see your results! If this is stock armbian, rsb should work! 

Do you have repos for your configs? Or is it all local? 

1 минуту назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

Ah OK! Would be interesting to see your results! If this is stock armbian, rsb should work! 

Do you have repos for your configs? Or is it all local?

I'm dont have time to make my very quick changes to git or.. 

Should work? i'm on stock armbian - not working - why you think that on lts version rsb should work? For me i'm have problems with rsb with Glodroid kernel and uboot - i'm change to r_i2c and this gone.. 

13 minutes ago, sekil said:

I'm dont have time to make my very quick changes to git or.. 

Should work? i'm on stock armbian - not working - why you think that on lts version rsb should work? For me i'm have problems with rsb with Glodroid kernel and uboot - i'm change to r_i2c and this gone.. 

Because other boards use it, and orangepi moved it rsb when they released their 5.16 kernel didn't they? 

No they didn't! I take that back! Apologies! Well well well... ironically, if you read back on this thread, that's exactly what I suggested originally. But got told it wouldn't make any difference!

Только что, Ukhellfire сказал:

Because other boards use it, and orangepi moved it rsb when they released their 5.16 kernel didn't they? 

5.16 using r_i2c for axp chip in LTS version only! - i'm think this is beacuse maybe bug in HW schematic for LTS or something else.. but need using r_i2c!

1 hour ago, sekil said:

5.16 using r_i2c for axp chip in LTS version only! - i'm think this is beacuse maybe bug in HW schematic for LTS or something else.. but need using r_i2c!

Well I guess I'll be making some changes! Although I need to check, I think I didn't change this when I re-imported! 

Nope. I'm using rsb. Re-re-re-import here I come! Haha! 

Thanks for the heads up! 

That makes perfect sense to the fact that it wouldn't find the defined regulator banks properly! 

18 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

Well I guess I'll be making some changes! Although I need to check, I think I didn't change this when I re-imported! 

Please say - how make patches for only my changes (and later place this patches to uaserpatches) - now i'm make many changes to compilation scripts to disable cleaning kernel sources and so on - very very bad idea.. 

And armbian build system very very slow (( 

UPD: Ok - i'm make patches - this  simple :)