Orange Pi3 lts

igorh

@jernej The correct axp regulator settings? 

What we discussed above? 

On 3/22/2022 at 5:24 PM, jernej said:

Find what?

Obviously I've got the settings 8n the dts and dtsi files. If these are the ones, they all seem correct!

There's 2 extra lines in my dts

This line:

https://github.com/afaulkner420/Linux-Mainline-5.15y/blob/20254c2cf8c14d52162dc5cb93ac0b73965f8e2a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-3-lts.dts#L203

And

https://github.com/afaulkner420/Linux-Mainline-5.15y/blob/20254c2cf8c14d52162dc5cb93ac0b73965f8e2a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-3-lts.dts#L204

And it seems that it's mmc2 that it's complaining about.

4022000.mmc which I believe is mmc2

8 hours ago, sekil said:

Hi.

Please help me with otg mode for this board - i'm trying run Glodroid android - but have problems - otg not working in in android kernel only in uboot - where maybe problems? 

Probably the defconfigs and dts files... you should compare uboot to kernel. Also, pull the defconfigs and dts files from your working android.

Also, see this, and read the pdf. It will take some work.

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/Orange Pi 3 LTS/2021-12-27/OrangePi3LTS3f8a530c448a3ef4fc1fa323.html

@igor on another note, I don't suppose you have any ideas on what might be happening with the booting and not booting issue I'm having building for the OPi3 Lts

I want to bring it up and possibly maintain it, but can't seem to figure out why people aren't able to boot my build? But I can? 

43 minutes ago, Ukhellfire said:

@igor on another note, I don't suppose you have any ideas on what might be happening with the booting and not booting issue I'm having building for the OPi3 Lts

I want to bring it up and possibly maintain it, but can't seem to figure out why people aren't able to boot my build? But I can? 

Sorry, didn't get HW nor have time to peek into. In a few weeks would be best guess.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:46 PM, Igor said:

Sorry, didn't get HW nor have time to peek into. In a few weeks would be best guess.

Didn't know whether you'd seen anything was all... ti's all good! 

Well I think I may have cracked it. 

It's all about vcc-pc and vcc-pd.

Going by the nin booting dmesg.

I believe this is different, because of the fact we have an emmc chip, which means vcc-pc is supplied by a different regulator! Eldo1!

https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/openwrt/blob/openwrt-21.02/target/linux/sunxi/patches-5.4/410-v5.6-arm64-dts-allwinner-a64-olinuxino-Add-bank-supply-re.patch#L13

This doesn't exist on either the OPi3 dts, or the dts that I'm using (I don't think, need to do some testing and reading), which would explain why your all getting the same errors over the OPi3 and the OPi3-LTS.

I'll keep people posted! 

5 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

On android though? 

On Glodroid kernel, which  - 5.15.21..

But this not matter - this work on all mainline kernels.

mmc2 fix  - 

need patch dts /arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6.dtsi and drivers/mmc/host/sunxi-mmc.c

For DTS

change mmc2 compatible to 

compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h6-emmc"; 

For sunxi-mmc - 

change

/*
         * Some H5 devices do not have signal traces precise enough to
         * use HS DDR mode for their eMMC chips.
         * We still enable HS DDR modes for all the other controller
         * variants that support them.
         */
        if ((host->cfg->clk_delays || host->use_new_timings) &&
            !of_device_is_compatible(pdev->dev.of_node,
                                     "allwinner,sun50i-h5-emmc"))
                mmc->caps      |= MMC_CAP_1_8V_DDR | MMC_CAP_3_3V_DDR;

to

/*
	 * Some H5 and H6 devices do not have signal traces precise enough to
	 * use HS DDR mode for their eMMC chips.
	 * We still enable HS DDR modes for all the other controller
	 * variants that support them.
	 */
	if ((host->cfg->clk_delays || host->use_new_timings) &&
				     "allwinner,sun50i-h5-emmc") &&
				     "allwinner,sun50i-h6-emmc") &&
	    !of_machine_is_compatible("allwinner,sun7i-a20") &&
	    !of_machine_is_compatible("olimex,a64-olinuxino-2ge8g"))
		mmc->caps      |= MMC_CAP_1_8V_DDR | MMC_CAP_3_3V_DDR;

and add one string to sunxi_mmc_of_match

{ .compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h6-emmc", .data = &sun50i_a64_emmc_cfg },

Thats all to fix mmc2 working - as you can see with old code we have wrong MMC CAP voltage for emmc on this board.

25 minutes ago, sekil said:

On Glodroid kernel, which  - 5.15.21..

But this not matter - this work on all mainline kernels.

Ah OK brilliant! Thank you I'll take a look! 👍 

26 minutes ago, sekil said:

mmc2 fix  - 

need patch dts /arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6.dtsi and drivers/mmc/host/sunxi-mmc.c

So it seems that my dtsi file already has this line.

But the sunxi-mmc.c doesn't have this.

I think I shall have a play and see what's happening! 

6 часов назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

So it seems that my dtsi file already has this line.

I'm not say that need add this line - i'm say need replace compatible with only "allwinner,sun50i-h6-emmc" and without "allwinner,sun50i-a64-emmc".

On 3/25/2022 at 5:19 AM, sekil said:

I'm not say that need add this line - i'm say need replace compatible with only "allwinner,sun50i-h6-emmc" and without "allwinner,sun50i-a64-emmc".

In that case I shall adjust my dtsi! Haha! Cheers!

*** NEW BUILD COMING SOON ***

This includes an extremely high probability of it booting! HAHA! 

And not only that, but wireless too!

Aswell as other things...

Keep your eyes open for it!

So the new build is officially up. 

It's based on a load of new files and changes. 

So please please please test it and get back to me!

Unfortunately wifi isn't working 😞 ethernet is though. 

Dmesg is clean for me. But would like to know if it is for you guys too.

Please fire away with the logs! 

It can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ge-aoMk0RTODJaViUNcdXgTbnJyzZCAu/view?usp=drivesdk

@Kamileon @Rockford the Roe @orangepifan

10 часов назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

Unfortunately wifi isn't workin

Im compile wifi module and loading in glodroid kernel 5.15 but im not testing - android wont booting :) but wlan0 device present :) later im send you my variant. 

23 minutes ago, amaethon said:

I can post more images of the rest if you like but I think this contains the important error messages.

OPi3-LTS-dmesg.jpg

Sorry mate, image didn't load. Can you upload again? 

41 minutes ago, sekil said:

Im compile wifi module and loading in glodroid kernel 5.15 but im not testing - android wont booting :) but wlan0 device present :) later im send you my variant. 

No we have boot problems too. Vcc-pc and vcc-pd bank regulator problems I believe. Can't figure it out! 

OK thanks! 

11 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

No we have boot problems too. Vcc-pc and vcc-pd bank regulator problems I believe. Can't figure it out! 

OK thanks! 

Boot problems - what boot problems??  Im say that im successful compile kernel with wifi module and successful loading module with insmod - but cant test this maybe later. But wlan0 device successful creating. Where you take update for uwe5622 - why you not using stock from 5.10 kernel?

1 minute ago, sekil said:

Boot problems - what boot problems??  Im say that im successful compile kernel with wifi module and successful loading module with insmod - but cant test this maybe later. But wlan0 device successful creating. Where you take update for uwe5622 - why you not using stock from 5.10 kernel?

It's from the 5.16 kernel orangepi have just uploaded. 

It won't load. Getting errors. 

Also the boot errors...

https://nextcloud.lodz.webredirect.org/s/T8dMn3gk2YHe64p

IMG-20220325-WA0004.jpg

53 minutes ago, sekil said:

What uboot version are you using?

Any errors in uboot about axp806 mfd?

Send me logs from uboot to loading kernel 

U-Boot SPL 2021.10-armbian (Mar 14 2022 - 08:18:53 +0000) DRAM: 2048 MiB Trying to boot from MMC1 NOTICE: BL31: v2.2(debug):a04808c1-dirty NOTICE: BL31: Built : 08:18:34, Mar 14 2022 NOTICE: BL31: Detected Allwinner H6 SoC (1728) NOTICE: BL31: Found U-Boot DTB at 0xc07c170, model: OrangePi 3 LTS INFO: ARM GICv2 driver initialized NOTICE: PMIC: Probing AXP805 NOTICE: PMIC: AXP805 detected INFO: BL31: Platform setup done INFO: BL31: Initializing runtime services INFO: BL31: cortex_a53: CPU workaround for 855873 was applied INFO: BL31: Preparing for EL3 exit to normal world INFO: Entry point address = 0x4a000000 INFO: SPSR = 0x3c9 U-Boot 2021.10-armbian (Mar 14 2022 - 08:18:53 +0000) Allwinner Technology CPU: Allwinner H6 (SUN50I) Model: OrangePi 3 LTS DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: mmc@4020000: 0, mmc@4022000: 1 Loading Environment from FAT... Unable to use mmc 0:1... In: serial@5000000 Out: serial@5000000 Err: serial@5000000 Net: No ethernet found. Autoboot in 1 seconds, press <Space> to stop switch to partitions #0, OK mmc0 is current device Scanning mmc 0:1... Found U-Boot script /boot/boot.scr 3202 bytes read in 4 ms (781.3 KiB/s) ## Executing script at 4fc00000 U-boot loaded from SD Boot script loaded from mmc 154 bytes read in 3 ms (49.8 KiB/s) 35780 bytes read in 9 ms (3.8 MiB/s) 4191 bytes read in 6 ms (681.6 KiB/s) Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (sun50i-h6-fixup.scr) ## Executing script at 45000000 12462020 bytes read in 619 ms (19.2 MiB/s) 21735432 bytes read in 1077 ms (19.2 MiB/s) Moving Image from 0x40080000 to 0x40200000, end=41710000 ## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 4ff00000 ... Image Name: uInitrd Image Type: AArch64 Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 12461956 Bytes = 11.9 MiB Load Address: 00000000 Entry Point: 00000000 Verifying Checksum ... OK ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 4fa00000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4fa00000 Loading Ramdisk to 4941d000, end 49fff784 ... OK Loading Device Tree to 00000000493ab000, end 000000004941cfff ... OK Starting kernel ...

This was posted a couple of pages back from a non booting os

7 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

This was posted a couple of pages back from a non booting os

Ok no errors with axp805 with uboot - but need logs from kernel too - need find debug messages from axp805 - if axp805 not working - many regulators not working and many devices not loading too. 

6 minutes ago, sekil said:

Ok no errors with axp805 with uboot - but need logs from kernel too - need find debug messages from axp805 - if axp805 not working - many regulators not working and many devices not loading too. 

I've got a full set of logs here from my board.

Problem is, I seem to be able to boot, but noone else can? 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSl0DS_GFbRpt1rp8PBDnV6QKI8KPOjY

I'm not at home at the moment. Will be I  I couple of hours. I can pull new, more recent logs then...

15 минут назад, Ukhellfire сказал:

I'm not at home at the moment. Will be I  I couple of hours. I can pull new, more recent logs then...

Im see that axp working good and emmc too. Problem in eth module which crashing kernel. Im try research..

On 3/26/2022 at 12:49 PM, sekil said:

Im see that axp working good and emmc too. Problem in eth module which crashing kernel. Im try research..

Let me take more logs. I believe the eth is working now...

On 3/26/2022 at 12:49 PM, sekil said:

I'm home now. Let me take some more.logs and upload them! 

So guys...

There's another new build! This time I'm a bit more hopeful, but obviously I can be proved wrong like before! Haha!

I've added some stock files from orangepis repos, and this seems to have sorted a few issues this end!

Obviously I've been booting for a while, which is the most confusing thing ever, as noone else can.

But I now have working ethernet, wifi and Bluetooth. This has all started working since this last build.

Fingers crossed everyone else is more successful too! I really hope so!

Please let me know how you get on!

@Kamileon @orangepifan @Rockford the Roe @amaethon

SCRAP THAT!!

I missed something on that last one...

Try this one:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B7A_pc3W6GLBjt9vAkShh5scp4pQwFrc

And here's a dmesg from this build booting:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQ5qgTZBLdhauLeqD3OArM8ci2uzLdnb/view?usp=drivesdk

On 3/26/2022 at 9:53 PM, Ukhellfire said:

Let me take more logs. I believe the eth is working now...

I'm home now. Let me take some more.logs and upload them! 

So guys...

There's another new build! This time I'm a bit more hopeful, but obviously I can be proved wrong like before! Haha!

I've added some stock files from orangepis repos, and this seems to have sorted a few issues this end!

Obviously I've been booting for a while, which is the most confusing thing ever, as noone else can.

But I now have working ethernet, wifi and Bluetooth. This has all started working since this last build.

Fingers crossed everyone else is more successful too! I really hope so!

Heres the link for it:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g8EkqTU_j-XafMwvclvUnWDLzMA63XWy

Please let me know how you get on!

@Kamileon @orangepifan @Rockford the Roe @amaethon

Sorry to say that it is still the same and I can't boot. Dmesg has the same errors. Someone else should check though. Maybe my power or SD card is the problem?

36 minutes ago, amaethon said:

Sorry to say that it is still the same and I can't. Dmesg has the same errors. Someone else should check though. Maybe my power or SD card is the problem?

Is that the latest I've just uploaded? I've just edited the post with a new link?

Can anyone get me a full u-boot log and dmesg from a non-booting build please? 

I'm finding it hard Debugging it, whilst mines booting...