Armbian-config it does not work

Hello. I am finished Armbian Jammy 22.05 Bulseye edge 5.16.20 gnome desktop on a Rockpi4 (rk3399). When I try to overclock from Armbian-config, it doesn't work. That is, I can enter the application, apply rockchip-rk3399-opp-2ghz.dtbo. Then reboot, go to armbian-config and set a new unlocked CPU clock speed of 2.2Ghz. But instead it is only available up to a maximum of 1.8hz. How can this be fixed? Do I have to create an image from scratch, or maybe there is some trick?

IIRC 2.2GHz overlay should not be available at all due to stability issues 2.0GHz should run fine though.

armbian-config is undergoing major rewrite anyways atm so do not expect fixes for that soon. Keep in mind that everything that armbian-config does can be done manually too. Just check the source code how its functions work and execute commands by hand.

In any case, if I use Armbian for something, it is precisely because it has some tools that other systems do not have. That said, any guide to verify and run the commands by hand?

But if you mean armbianenv.txt in boot, the overlays were enabled.

orange pi 4  kinetic xcfe 6.0.11  the opp20 from build dont work!!?!! but got overclock to 1.7 1.7 1.7  2.18?? ..tought it was kernel specific  but took overlays occ22 from bionic legacy img  and it works, it say so ....it wont survive update ,you just need to put them back in your/boot/overlays & re-enable it.

Stress test with heatsink+fan 85°C...hot..

i dont see instability here , just a little more speed.

But its at your own risk.

Edited by Vverve

I am new to Linux and the Pi environment. I am using an Orange Pi 5B and the armbian-config will no long save CPU frequency or governor setting after update/upgrade the packages via "apt" command line. I have tried manually changing some of the config files only to be told by the OS that it will not save due to permissions, even when longed in as ROOT. is there a working ARMBIAN-CONFIG that can fix this issue?