ODroid C2 and VU7 Screen

BarTender

I have an C2 and an old VU7 (800x480p60hz) https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/display/vu_series/vu7/vu7#tab__odroid-c2 that I was hoping to use for a mini kiosk.

Was able to run the older Hard Kernel supplied images with the uboot boot.ini updates suggested above to change disable auto detect, fix the resolution, and set to DVI rather than HDMI mode.

When I loaded the latest Focal image from Armbian when I have the screen switched on then the kernel faults and reboots.

## Flattened Device Tree blob at 04080000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4080000
   Loading Ramdisk to 7b06a000, end 7bf49d63 ... OK
   Loading Device Tree to 000000007aff8000, end 000000007b069fff ... OK

Starting kernel ...

GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:0;
TE: 59543
no sdio debug board detected

BL2 Built : 11:44:26, Nov 25 2015.
gxb gfb13a3b-c2 - jcao@wonton

I assume all I should need to do is update the /boot/boot.cmd, run `mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr` and the boot.scr should be updated.

Also set:

setenv disable_vu7 "false"

But that variable isn't being used anywhere in the boot.cmd so I don't think it is being applied.

On 5/9/2022 at 10:28 AM, BarTender said:

Was able to run the older Hard Kernel supplied images

In case you are not planning to develop or sponsor this adventure I suggest you to stick to stock kernel. Functions in modern kernels are never complete, especially this is critical when comes to external devices such as displays. Hardkernel never supported modern kernels nor our work on this device while end user donations are only enough to address one medium complex bug in whole project. Per year. This here could pull some serious R&D ... but someone perhaps knows something. Hard to judge without investigation, but what I am pretty confident it won't be as simple as this idea.