[BananaPi] Armbian 5.20 - Aggressive Out Of Memory killer

rdonovan

Hi guys, I'm running Armbian on my BananaPi for almost a year now and it has always run seamlessly, since the latest upgrade to Arabian 5.20 (Kernel 4.7.3) I've started to experience problems with the stability of the daemons.

Monit is doing an hard job lately restarting many times a day almost all the processes I'm running as damons, the most affected by the Killing are Python 2.7 (running Sickrage) and Deluge daemon. 

In particular Deluge being killed so many times a day is quite annoying since I have to recheck the integrity of many files almost every time I get the service up again.

I didn't install any additional software that could have created this instability apart the new version of Armbian so I'm asking:

Is there the possibility that the Out Of Memory Killer has become too aggressive on the latest Arabian? Is that a common issue or something I can do to solve?

Thanks a lot.

Giulio

Try to narrow down the problem - first try if it also exist in legacy (3.4.112) kernel. Which distro are you using: Jessie, Trusty, Xenial, Wheezy? Any upgrades on distro level?

We can close this, Like an Idiot I've broke my system while trying to switch kernel so I've reinstalled Xenial which I found I like more than Jessie.

I've already set up the system as before and it seems to work fine so far. Likely the problem was related to some mess I did or an upgrade gone wrong.

Thanks for the support.