Latest images for download

Igor

I used the armbian kernel and u-boot built .debs to create a Volumio image for Radxa Zero2 and Zero (via pre 23.05 to be precise, helping with that as well).

Zero so far is absolutely flawless.

I added SPDIF to the dts for both devices and informed Radxa about it.

They promised to pick it up and create spdif overlays for both.

The only issue I have with the Zero2 is wlan speed, it will never go over approx. 200Mb/s, where the zero reaches 433Mb/s easily.

(My) both boards have the same AP6256 component.

Who do I contact for further information, help with testing etc.?

Jira/ altsassians tools I am not familiar with, so I apologize for being old school IT with ~40 years experience ...

8 hours ago, gkkpch said:

Who do I contact for further information, help with testing etc.?

Developers asks users for testing when something needs to be tested. Not the other way around.

One of the difference between people that are selling hardware (with promise of support) and us is that we will be straight with you. Support that is provided to this hardware is amateur and best effort. Vendor support is usually a lot worse than ours, but they / we all are trying to do what is possible.

Hardware that has Armbian platinum support badge (vendors covers a little bit) has better support, there is a person behind, here is not (report = /dev/null), we don't have hardware nor any budget, images are provided "for testing" until they are one day removed. Even when customer (you) pays for R&D, which is not the case, they/you don't decide development/support priorities. End users should never harass developers directly. You open a (Jira) ticket, supply all info you can and wait. A day, month, year, never ... This is how development usually works in open source where developers pays for software you use.

If you need support certainty, like it sounds, then this is understood as a professional service, you pay (or in some other form) first, then you become treated as a customer. It is still possible that problem is not getting resolved, but we will not be blowing 100% of our family budget to work for you, our competitors and vendors. If you buy hardware on Aliexpress and download software that is free for download, you didn't become a customer. Just FYI to straighten things up.

9 hours ago, gkkpch said:

I apologize for being old school IT with ~40 years experience

Things are changing https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/ Otherwise, welcome to the club :) Many people behind Armbian comes with lifetime Linux/Unix/IT experience. I hope we as a Project don't look too old school 😂

8 hours ago, gkkpch said:

I added SPDIF to the dts for both devices and informed Radxa about it.

They promised to pick it up and create spdif overlays for both.

They always promise ... Reporting a solution is valuable, but integration and testing requires serious resources. Radxa is fighting this with one full time person, we have to skip like 80% of hints and solutions that are reported to this forum with a group of people that is able to do a lot more then a single person ... to give you some perspective.

Welcome to open a pull request https://github.com/armbian/build/pulls Welcome to help fighting problems.

On 6/17/2023 at 9:07 AM, Igor said:

Developers asks users for testing when something needs to be tested. Not the other way around

You misunderstood ;) I was offering help with testing.

Anyway, thanks for your explanation.

I'm happy with my dts version as a patch for the armbian build (23.05), used to create Volumio' community porting.

But I will make an effort to create an overlay for it, then do a PR as for the dts itself this makes no sense seeing Armbian is using overlays everywhere else.