MXQ Pro Armbian 5.88 problem startup!

Mario663

with your file it works now what command should I give to start the graphic environment...remember that this is the minimal image, the only one that has about 2.5GB to be able to install it in the flash memory

url%5D

Edited by Mario663
used google translate to forum language of english

Have you run the desktop version from SD card?  No reason to worry about emmc install if the performance isn't going to meet your needs.  I personally find the performance on most TV boxes to be too slow for real use desktop use.  They in my opinion are best for usage as servers.

Also have you tried installing the desktop build on emmc?  It should work.  You shouldn't care what size it takes on the SD card, as that doesn't impact how it is installed on emmc.  Most of the space on the SD card is unused empty space.

Ah so even if etcher requires 8 gb then in the emmc I can install it anyway!? ok then as soon as i have some time i redownload the xfce and burn it to sd....i will always have to use your extlinux.conf file right? keep in mind that now on the emmc I have Armbian version 5.88 pre-installed!

Can you help even a little bit.  How about you start with telling what you have done?  Give context to the screen shot.  Showing a random screen shot is of no help.  List the exact steps you have done, and what you are trying to do.

Also you need to answer my questions when I ask, if you want help.  You still haven't answered the question I asked if you have successfully tested running the desktop build from the SD card?  Because you were able to run the cli version from sd only based on prior reports.

I've taken hours of my time to help you.  You need to try harder to make it easier to help you.

Dude I'm doing everything you tell me, I'm trying to explain everything I've done, I downloaded the xfce kinetic with whale etcher I burned it on an sd then I downloaded your extlinux.conf file and replaced it with what's inside...then i changed the u-boot 905X 912 file to u-boot.ext i inserted the sd into the tv-box slot and it stuck on the photo screen!

Ok I burned the Armbian_20.05.6_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.2_desktop_20200612.img.xz but this image still uses the old method with the .deb file I tried the following .deb files renaming them to deb.img but none make me boot still on the arc64 s905x screen!

meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb

meson-gxbb-vega-s95-meta.dtb

meson-gxbb-p200.dtb

meson-gxbb-p201.dtb

I am attaching my uEnv.txt configuration

uEnv.txt armbian_first_run.txt.template

Edited by Mario663

On 12/26/2022 at 3:28 PM, SteeMan said:

Why do you even want to use the desktop version?

Ok after configuring the uEvn.tx file of the built Armbian_20.05.6_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.2_desktop_20200612.img.xz and meson-gxbb-p201.dtb, when I start it ignores the SD and it starts me from the emmc even by pressing with the toothpick !

I identified the reason why the box didn't start after the upgrade. At first when I wrote the image on the card, I used (meson-gxm-q200-mod.dtb) and it detected bluetooth with this dtb. After the upgrade the dtb was changed - the one without mode, respectively (meson-gxm-q200.dtb) and it no longer corresponded to the one written in extlinux.conf and the bluetooth was no longer connected either.