MXQ Pro Armbian 5.88 problem startup!

Mario663

The messages are saying that the boot process can't find valid partitions on the emmc to boot from.  Your video doesn't show the full log of the install-aml.sh (especially the partition creation which occurs at the beginning, so I don't know if the script had errors or not doing that part of the process.).  Also, did you start from a clean android firmware on the emmc?  That is what the script is expecting.  If this is a box where you already had something else on the emmc, that may be causing the errors.

I had 5.88 installed in the emmc now since 23.02.0 gave me that screen I tried 5.90 and this also starts even if I always have to give an input from the keyboard or mouse .... I interpret the error from the script it's something about the ethernet but for the installation you need to have the lan cable connected the 2 previous versions (5.88 is not necessary!

On 12/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, Mario663 said:

As already said in the first post, I've already managed to install 5.88 in the emmc, this too would be fine, only that it annoys me to press x at startup!

Try to run: sudo apt autopurge lightdm . Then sudo reboot.

After restarting sudo apt install lightdm

Edited by Energokom

47 minutes ago, Energokom said:
On 12/26/2022 at 3:37 PM, Mario663 said:

with this command I would be able to start armbian without keyboard or mouse input!?

22 minutes ago, Mario663 said:

with this command I would be able to start armbian without keyboard or mouse input!?

You're asking the wrong questions.

Armbian already starts without a mouse and a keyboard.

Your desktop won't start. You need to look for the reason why there is no autostart of the desktop. ligthdm is responsible for this.

Do you want your desktop to start? I gave you the command to reinstall lightdm

Edited by Energokom

2 hours ago, SteeMan said:

The error has nothing to do with internet.  After the boot can't detect the emmc, then it falls back to trying to do a network boot, which is what you are seeing at the end of the log.

ah understood is how can I fix the problem!? because instead I try to install 5.90 does it make me install it?

17 minutes ago, Mario663 said:

in my case it doesn't start if I don't give keyboard or mouse input!

You're confusing the terms. I'm telling you, the armbian starts, but the desktop does not start.

If you ask a question on the Internet: armbian does not start, you will receive an answer unrelated to your problem.

I have given you an answer as to how you can try to solve your problem.

10 minutes ago, Mario663 said:

When should I give this command!?

When you have started the desktop, launch the terminal emulator.

And already enter commands in the terminal emulator.

The terminal emulator - and the command line - is what linux should be studied from.

7 minutes ago, Energokom said:

And already enter commands in the terminal emulator

then I do the following commands
I sweat up
cd /root/
ls
./install-alml.sh
when I have to give the command you say?

Edited by Mario663

20 hours ago, SteeMan said:

The messages are saying that the boot process can't find valid partitions on the emmc to boot from

Ok and what can I do to make the internal partition of the emmc be recognized!? thank you!

12 hours ago, Mario663 said:

ok so before sudo su di the command sudo apt install lightdm?

You need to follow *all* of the commands you were instructed to follow, not just one of them:

19 hours ago, Energokom said:

31 minutes ago, Mario663 said:

Ok and what can I do to make the internal partition of the emmc be recognized!? thank you!

I don't know what the problem is because as I said, you didn't capture the important part of the install-aml.sh script run.  But I also did say the following:

20 hours ago, SteeMan said:

Also, did you start from a clean android firmware on the emmc?  That is what the script is expecting.  If this is a box where you already had something else on the emmc, that may be causing the errors.

If you want a valid test of installing to emmc you need to restore the box to the original android firmware and start from there.  And it may still not work, but that is the starting state the script expects and the only thing that is tested.

1 minute ago, Mario663 said:
27 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

You need to follow *all* of the commands you were instructed to follow, not just one of them:

but what about version 5.88?

I don't know what you mean.

23 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

I don't know what the problem is because as I said, you didn't capture the important part of the install-aml.sh script run.  But I also did say the following:

23 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

If you want a valid test of installing to emmc you need to restore the box to the original android firmware and start from there.  And it may still not work, but that is the starting state the script expects and the only thing that is tested.

I think you're right! only that I have to see where to find the originally installed android firmware

Just now, Mario663 said:

The commands that Energokom suggested to me are regarding the fact of the first post that Armbian 5.88 does not start if I give keyboard or mouse input!

Yes, I know that.  I was just pointing out that you said:

13 hours ago, Mario663 said:

ok so before sudo su di the command sudo apt install lightdm?

and he said:

19 hours ago, Energokom said:

So it sounded like you were only planning on running one of the three commands he instructed you to run.

2 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

So it sounded like you were only planning on running one of the three commands he instructed you to run.

I want to install 23.02.0 I'm not interested in 5.88 anymore...now I'll make you a video where I start from the terminal!

OK I found the problem I have the memory card reader that corrupts the images, now I burned from usb I'm trying with toothpick but it doesn't start from the back door any port!

problem etcher.jpg

Edited by Mario663

On pendrive after Etcher verification the writing was successful but I can't in any way start the installation from USB it is the same configuration of the SD renamed u-boot-S905X-S912 in u-boot.ext ed dtb gxl- s905x I don't understand why it doesn't start, I hold the reset button down with the toothpick for even longer...try all the usb ports!!