ORANGE PI 5 OPI5 RTC REAL TIME CLOCK

berin

The OPI5 has an onboard RTC. On the back of the board near the RTC chip there are two pcb "test points". One says RTC1, the other says GRD1, I would assume a CR2032 could be connected to those points to maintain RTC function. I don't dare do anything till I get a solid answer. Can anyone give me any feedback as to options.

Edited by berin

If you guys have not seen it I am designing a micro tower for the OPI5. hence the RTC battery backup is one of the features I want to add to the CAD design. OPEN design. If you guys have not seen it I am designing a micro tower for the OPI5. hence the RTC battery backup is one of the features I want to add to the CAD design. OPEN design.

I am working on creating an RTC backup battery mount for CR2032. There are a lot of different types out there. I would like any suggestions on what kind of setup would be desired. If I do anything it will be a custom PCB that would tie into front access ports for headphone/mic. I'm looking for design suggestions if anyone has any good ideas.

.R.thumb.jpg.04c85ab6a865b27073c41d9cc9a2c39f.jpg

Whose idea was it to use test points to connect the RTC battery?  Wow, what a pain to solder to those.  Pin headers would've been much easier to work with.  Anyone have any ideas on a better way to connect wires or are we just to deal with the tiny pads and solder?