CSC Armbian for RK3318/RK3328 TV box boards

jock

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

A quick msg to kindly ask what should be the current kernels with an RK3318/28 TV Box. My system is currently on -edge and having 6.8.11 installed, but reading here that doing an upgrade on edge, people are receiving 6.10. At the same time `armbian-config` -> System -> Other does not even show me my own kernel among the options, edge being at proposed at 6.7 (associated at armian 24.2.1) and current at 6.6. Is there anything wrong with my config? Is it normal not to see edge kernels associated to the most recent armbian releases (e.g. 24.8.2)?

Hi, I'm trying to install a box with above mentioned board. I can boot into multitool, I'm ending up in a root shell then, from which I can start "multitool.sh". It shows me the GNU license, but whatever I do, I usually end up in either ending the tool or starting a backup. So I'm actually blind. I tried screen and minicom on Linux, export TERM=linux on the root shell, and I get some improvements, but mainly in how colorful the output is, I can't see what is supposed to come after the license. Any hint what I need to change in order to see things ? Thanks a lot.

[EDIT: nevermind, I was able to perform the steps "blindly" using the screen shots that were part of the linked tutorial at the beginning of this thread. ]

Edited by targa

Looks like the kernel problems have being fixed and working as expected updating jammy stable:

/_\  _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _
  / _ \| '_| '  \| '_ \ / _` | ' \
 /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_|

v24.8.3 for RK3318 Box running Armbian Linux 6.6.47-current-rockchip64

Packages:     Ubuntu stable (jammy)
 Support:      DIY (community maintained)
 IP addresses: (LAN) 192.168.2.X (WAN) X.X.X.X

Also possible updating to Noble after getting all updates installed with command do-release-upgrade  but is little work getting the external apt-sources working after being done (hint: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ). 

Edited by MattWestB