Efforts to develop firmware for H96 MAX V56 RK3566 8G/64G

Hqnicolas

5 hours ago, Armi said:

p.s. I've made USB male to male cable from 2 cables ,I activated debug mode in Android on Tv box, but adb shell didn't see any device, other TV box too. On one USB jack  GND has contact to the metal jack itself ( I've tested by multimeter),could this cause any problems?

Hi, Armi. Thanks for your very welcome comments about the write-up.

I suspect adb may be an Android thing, and is a total mystery to me. Try shorting the eMMC CLK and GND pads, then running lsusb and look for the Rockchip MASK ROM loader there.

I also started-out with a hacked-together USB type-A male to type-A male cable. Yours might be different, but mine would only work plugged in one direction, and was so problematic that I finally relented and bought a 1-meter commercial cable. I think it was only around AUD$5.

Sorry Armi, I'm having issues with the comment section on my website. Rather than have you wait for me to sort that out before replying to your query, yes, the current kernel does have linked-in support for video acceleration:

dmesg | grep vpu
[   12.086654] hantro-vpu fdea0000.video-codec: Adding to iommu group 0
[   12.137712] hantro-vpu fdea0000.video-codec: registered rockchip,rk3568-vpu-dec as /dev/video1
[   12.138138] hantro-vpu fdee0000.video-codec: Adding to iommu group 1
[   12.143445] hantro-vpu fdee0000.video-codec: registered rockchip,rk3568-vepu-enc as /dev/video2

Thanks again for your kind words.

GBEM 👽

Edited by GBEM

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

vor 4 Stunden schrieb GBEM:

Try shorting the eMMC CLK and GND pads, t

btw i personally never shorted any pins ever on my box. for me ALWAYS worked:

while powercyle push an hold the reset button  for 10 sec or so. then the bootloader comes up. maybe its not in mask rom mode  then you have to switch to it via rockchip dev tool

Edited by Vincenzoernst1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vincenzoernst1 said:

so it should be fixed with our PR  in 24.8.0-trunk.596, right?

@Vincenzoernst1

I have no interest in fixing this

I'm not going to keep polishing software since I already know how to get around the problem

If you want, you can make a pull request 
creating an exclusive dts/dtb for the h96 max within uboot 2024/7 including the maskroom button

I can help direct your efforts here

Edited by Hqnicolas

29 minutes ago, Hqnicolas said:

The H96 MAX Became Full supported by armbian Mainline

I want to clarify this statement.  Armbian does not support this box.  This is a Community Maintained box, which means it uses the Armbian infrastructure to produce automated weekly builds.  The effort to maintain and support this box comes from the community not from Armbian resources. (https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Board-Support-Rules)

1 hour ago, SteeMan said:

The effort to maintain and support this box comes from the community not from Armbian resources.

So, keep a copy from this h96 armbian community, because in the future it may be useful, we left a period where the board was not working.

@Hqnicolas

[ 6.519079] rk817-codec rk817-codec: rk817_probe: chip_name:0x80, chip_ver:0x94

[ 6.525779] input: rockchip-rk809 Headset as /devices/platform/rk809-sound/sound/card0/input2

I am using OPi3b v2.1 with same RK817 audio, however I am failing for past month & my 3.5mm audio out is not working under vendor 6.1x kernel (both from Armbian / Joshua) interestingly both have same error!

However mainline kernel has no problem but because of H265 VPU I prefer to use vendor kernel. Can you please help. My fiddlings are mentioned ar github

https://github.com/Joshua-Riek/ubuntu-rockchip/issues/1041