CSC Armbian for RK322x TV box boards

jock

6 hours ago, GSAR said:

I followed your advice, but my TV BOX isn't responding when I press the reset button (located on the AV port). It seems like the RK3228A isn't recognizing any type of USB device, including the Male to Male USB cable. I've tried keyboards and mouses, but none of them are working at all.

Sorry, forgot to mention that you have to plug the male-to-male cable in the OTG port; other ports won't work. That's the maskrom mode.

Anyway you can try to boot armbian from sdcard

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

Posted (edited)

Hello, aswering for you guys.

@fabiobassa I'm unsure if the power surge damaged the USB subsystem. Is there any way to determine or repair it?

@jock Sorry, but will this type of male-to-male USB cable in the image below work? It's what I have. I've attempted to boot using Armbian from the SD card, but it continues to display only a black screen and doesn't boot.

image.png.acbd4f4d78a8d25e5e1db8651a2df36b.png

Edited by GSAR
Uncompleted message

On 6/8/2024 at 11:04 PM, Blyato said:

I sent them a message, even sent an email and a whatsapp to the manufacture ( junuo ? hehe) , will see if I get a reply, google sadly doesn't help as seems it's the latest version of the board (v3.0), I really want to make this wifi work 😂 

The thing about SBC is that I already have one, the thing is that I spent some good time searching for a chip that would have multiple usb hosts instead of just one, and that's not easy to find, specially not below 50 euros, I came across the rk3228, that somehow is available at those tv boxes :(.

Vendor sadly never replied, got in touch with the manufacture, their sales gave me a whatsapp number for tech department but never got a reply there, sad :(

By the way, is there a way of making it boot from SD card? Armbian takes a long time to boot from the eemc it seems.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Blyato:

By the way, is there a way of making it boot from SD card? Armbian takes a long time to boot from the eemc it seems.

wirte the armbian image to SD Card and than insert and start , than it should boot from SD card like the multitool

i had nowadays 4 of this box, one old AMlogic s802 ( over 5 years in use with armbian scan and printserver) ) 1 xrk322x that work out of the box with armbian , one rk322x with resolder wifi from wired china chip to rtl8723ds , and now a rk3328 with android ( sadly sd card is on wrong sdio port)

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 7:40 PM, RaptorSDS said:

wirte the armbian image to SD Card and than insert and start , than it should boot from SD card like the multitool

i had nowadays 4 of this box, one old AMlogic s802 ( over 5 years in use with armbian scan and printserver) ) 1 xrk322x that work out of the box with armbian , one rk322x with resolder wifi from wired china chip to rtl8723ds , and now a rk3328 with android ( sadly sd card is on wrong sdio port)

ty !

I thought by changing to SD card would help, but seems I fell into the same issue I was having, long boot times (5min~ or even more). 

I did systemd-analyze and got this:

2min 6.998s systemd-random-seed.service
2min 6.462s armbian-zram-config.service
    13.093s NetworkManager-wait-online.service
     4.494s armbian-ramlog.service
     4.194s NetworkManager.service
     3.418s sysfsutils.service
     3.333s systemd-logind.service
     3.272s dbus.service
     2.759s dev-mmcblk0p1.device
     2.030s systemd-journal-flush.service
     1.458s alsa-restore.service
     1.404s rsyslog.service
     1.329s e2scrub_reap.service
     1.323s sysstat.service
     1.182s user@1000.service
     1.005s systemd-journald.service
     1.002s systemd-udev-trigger.service
      933ms systemd-resolved.service
      849ms chrony.service
      800ms keyboard-setup.service
      516ms systemd-udevd.service
      427ms nginx.service
      401ms ssh.service
      343ms dev-mqueue.mount
      336ms sys-kernel-debug.mount
      323ms fake-hwclock.service
      299ms wpa_supplicant.service
      299ms kmod-static-nodes.service
      297ms systemd-binfmt.service

Anybody saw this issue before? 

Also have been facing issue with HDMI, tried to add video tag on extratags on armbian env , it appears on xrandr -q but yeah, not even terminal or anything appears on boot.... 

This is the armbian monitor output link

Edited by Blyato
another issue xd

I'm using balenaEtcher to burn the multitool image into a flash drive, but it ends with a partition of about 396MB. 
The linux image is about ~900MB uncompressed so there's no space left on the partition to move the distro file into the images folder.

I also tried unetbootin and it doesn't create the images folder.

What are my options? (I can't do SD card).

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 1.29.53 PM.png

vor 1 Minute schrieb Leo Luiz:

'm using balenaEtcher to burn the multitool image into a flash drive, but it ends with a partition of about 396MB. 
The linux image is about ~900MB uncompressed

two methods ,

1. boot image first than automatic resize to bigger size ( most of the drive) , than put your image on card

2. use the compressed image of armbian on the sd card , the multotool also can use zip and tar and tar.xz and tar.gz

Hi All, 

Im having an issue with my rk3228. Multitool and most (if not all) of the stable armbian (both sd card and emmc) keeps my unit shut down after 1 minute. Same with @hexdump issue 3 or 4 yrs ago. I tried to research the issue but came up nothing. I got a little success when I used the multitool with old tee img. It doesnt shut down when im using that. Its probably the trust.img but im not 100% sure and I also dont know how to replace or change the trust.img in the armbian build..

Hope someone can help me or point me to the right direction..

Cheers,

m

hello guys i have couple of boxes flashed with armbian  jammy 

I got this issue of box boot to initramfs on sudden  reboot or power loss  and after I do this command 

after doing  a mount/mmcblk2p1 command  and rebooting the box the box runs normally. 

is there way to make the system read only of fix this issue on the startup ?   

Am 10.7.2024 um 21:32 schrieb Emilio Peña:

Does anyone know how to have Armbian / Multitool  for RK3228 / RK3228H or if it is compatible with any jock tutorial?

normally all are compatible but there are no 3228H , there is 3328A and 3228B and 3229 (all same )

but like we say always there are so many creepy box outside with so many variant hardware and HW quality there are always some issue . you can follow the tutorials

@Mikee Mike the difference is that the "old tee" is a very old TrustOS proprietary and closed source binary from rockchip that does not put the board in standby after one minute. On the other side it has several compatibility issues among various boards.

The "regular" multitool has a newer TrustOS that works fine for the majority of the boards around, but on some very rare boards will put them in standby after one minute.

As long as they are closed source binaries, we don't know why that happens.

2 hours ago, Mikee Mike said:

Thank you for the response @jock. Is it possible to use that old TrustOS in an Armbian? Or maybe is there an existing Armbian that uses that old TrustOS? Thanks again!

No, because it is old and buggy. It would perhaps let some boards work but it will break many others.

The best option is to use the opensource trust os, but it lacks some features (DDR frequency scaling, virtual poweroff most of all).

hi guys, 

tryied to short the 7 8 pin no lucko... used this schema of dot on chip as first pin and then mesuared voltages to check if there was a 0v and a 1.8v pins, tried a bunch to make pc recognize usb device, no lucko...

Did a flash from linux to armbian with no sucess and then I got to boot with usb, no sd, with multitool and flashed some armbian 5.15 and 6.40 with success, then I wanted to try out a android image because performance was really poor on linux, could not even reproduce videos with out stutters on mpv, browser experience was horible. Then after using multitool to flash LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200427220805-b7186bc-rk3229-v884k, it bricked my board... by the way this is a ddr3 board and this image seens to be ddr3 also, don~t know why it bricked, I tought that I could reflash with multitool if something bad happened since it was ok with armbian. One thing to note is that after the first flash attempt with armbian via linux, I could not enter flash mode by usb with computer like before, only with multitool... Can some one help me please? 

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-07-23 à(s) 03.22.33_7078ddca.jpg

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-07-23 à(s) 03.22.34_25726f4e.jpg

While using a multitool on the RK3229Q 221P V1.3 board to perform a backup, the screen suddenly went blank midway through the process. What could be causing this issue? my device is MXQ PRO 4K 5G

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-05 at 15.25.14.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-05 at 19.14.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-05 at 21.21.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-06 at 09.29.12.jpeg

Edited by geraldine adi

hello , i've install armbian on my box tv rk3229 with Multitool and Armbian_24.2.5_Rk322x-box_jammy_current_6.6.22_minimal.img.xz

my problem is error :

SSV WLAN driver ssv6200: calibation fail after 1 iterations

[   74.050778] SOS!SOS!
[   74.050797] SSV WLAN driver ssv6200: Failed to initialize mac, ret=-1
[   74.075988] SSV WLAN driver ssv6200: chip id: SSV6006C0       , tag: 0
[   74.116548] ERROR!!Please check interface!
[   74.116580] [0xca000200]: 0x0c000000!=0x00000000

i've put in /etc/modprobe.d/ssv6051.conf

options ssv6051 stacfgpath=/lib/firmware/ssv6051-wifi.cfg

but no work

can you help , please

thank's , but i no understand with lsmod ssv6051 exist !!

Module                  Size  Used by
snd_soc_hdmi_codec     16384  1
snd_soc_spdif_tx       12288  1
ir_nec_decoder         12288  0
gpio_ir_recv           12288  0
cpufreq_dt             12288  0
snd_soc_simple_card    16384  0
snd_soc_simple_card_utils    20480  1 snd_soc_simple_card
ssv6051               151552  0
dw_hdmi_i2s_audio      12288  0
dw_hdmi_cec            12288  0
hantro_vpu            237568  0
rockchip_vdec          65536  0
lz4hc                  12288  0
rockchip_rga           20480  0
rockchip_iep           16384  0
lima                   40960  0
v4l2_vp9               20480  2 rockchip_vdec,hantro_vpu
v4l2_h264              12288  2 rockchip_vdec,hantro_vpu
videobuf2_dma_contig    16384  3 rockchip_iep,rockchip_vdec,hantro_vpu
gpu_sched              24576  1 lima
v4l2_mem2mem           20480  4 rockchip_iep,rockchip_vdec,hantro_vpu,rockchip_rga
lz4                    12288  0
snd_soc_rk3228         12288  1
snd_soc_rockchip_spdif    12288  2
snd_soc_rockchip_i2s    20480  4
rockchip_thermal       20480  0
snd_soc_core          159744  7 snd_soc_spdif_tx,snd_soc_rockchip_spdif,snd_soc_rockchip_i2s,snd_soc_hdmi_codec,snd_soc_simple_card_utils,snd_soc_rk3228,snd_soc_simple_card
snd_pcm_dmaengine      12288  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm                94208  4 snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_hdmi_codec,snd_soc_simple_card_utils,snd_soc_core
snd_timer              28672  1 snd_pcm
dw_wdt                 12288  0
rk_crypto              24576  0
snd                    57344  4 snd_soc_hdmi_codec,snd_timer,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm
crypto_engine          12288  1 rk_crypto
soundcore              12288  1 snd
zram                   28672  3
binfmt_misc            16384  1
sch_fq_codel           16384  2
fuse                  114688  1
ip_tables              24576  0
gpio_keys              16384  0

vor 34 Minuten schrieb bellad:

aic8800

why this , i thing most of usb wifi adapter ( WIFI N or AC at 2.4GHZ ) are realtek 81xx or some RTK88xx , that are good support and already inside this armbian ,also some Broadcom USB things .

please be arware most of 5GHZ WIFI AC ( dual Mode) are not as good supported at linux

Hello there! I'm in possession of 12 different models of RK3228 TV Box devices. While I'm having varying degrees of success with current Armbian-community distributions (wi-fi compatibility is iffy, performance is very limited), as I troubleshoot I keep wondering about the same question: how can I accurately find out my correct led-config. Is it the board footprint? Is there documentation on this aspect?

Edited by hfrts

@hfrts hello!

First of all: no documentation from the manufacturs of any kind. Cheap tv boxes come without any kind of documentation: they are dirty cheap hardware with barely working software.

The board footprint/silkscreen is indeed the first thing to look for to find the matching led-config: all known boards are listed within the rk322x-config script.

If your board is not listed, then the stock firmware (or its device tree) and photos of the board most of the time are enough to properly match an existing led-config with the board or create a new led-config for a new board.

@hfrts hello
First of all and following the @jock's answer and the general rule of thumb of this 3ad I suggest post some photos of board and even better uart logs for every board.

Second are well known general problems with inside wifi chips

Third when you say "
performance is very limited....." are you referring to wifi performance or overall performance of the box?
Performance of wifi is limited to 24/26 mbs since the internal chip often is just one chain tx/rx sock ( maximum is 54 but this speed is avaible on double chain socks )

If  " performance is very limited....." is referred to overall performance of the box, well try consider its hardware specs and what is the purpose you use the box for

@jock... "they are dirty cheap hardware..." .........that costed to you, me and all other friends hundred of sleepless nights LOL 😅

Edited by fabiobassa