0
reamond

Boot prio. Orange Pi Zero 2+ H3 / H5

Recommended Posts

Hi, What are the boot priorities on the Orange Pi Zero 2+ H3 / H5 boards?

In case of a working eMMc boot, is it possible to prohibit any boot through SD?
Thanks /R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, reamond said:

Hi, What are the boot priorities on the Orange Pi Zero 2+ H3 / H5 boards?

SD (MMC0), eMMC (MMC2), SPI NOR, FEL

 

10 minutes ago, reamond said:

In case of a working eMMc boot, is it possible to prohibit any boot through SD?

No if you want to still use the SD socket.

* given that secure boot is still not implemented

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, martinayotte said:

... except if, of course, the u-boot sectors have been erased from sdcard and completely re-formatted ...

I'm interpreting "prohibit" as "prevent booting images by third parties", there were questions before about "protecting" eMMC contents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it looks like with the boot priority on the Pi Zero  (with SPI)?

 

So the question is, what about with the Orange Pi Zero when SPI is used and booting from USB... would it prohibit any boot through SD?

Is the priority > SPI flash > SD card > eMMC ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Zador said : SD (MMC0) > eMMC (MMC2) > SPI NOR > FEL

So, if you wish to boot from USB using SPI-NOR, you need to get rid of any u-boot sectors on both SDCard and eMMC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, reamond said:

How is it looks like with the boot priority on the Pi Zero  (with SPI)?

The same as on other H3/H2+ boards

 

4 minutes ago, reamond said:

So the question is, what about with the Orange Pi Zero when SPI is used and booting from USB... would it prohibit any boot through SD?

No. If SD with a bootable image is inserted, the board will boot from SD. Otherwise it will try to boot from eMMC (even if it is not present), after that SPI and fallback to FEL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
0