2x WIFI causing DNS problem on Tinkerboard Default settings

zer02

Hello,

I am using the latest Desktop Armbian and use the internal wifi and a usb wifi stick (edimax ew 7811-un). Both devices are detected by network-manager.

I use network-manager to connect to my router.

I get internet.

Minutes later, there is DNS conflict (/var/log/syslog) and I cannot resolve any websites anymore.

I only see

dhclient DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 255.255.255.255

for some reasons.

I have this problem with a fresh installed Armbian.

How can I solve this?

Thank you

5 hours ago, zer02 said:

armbianmonitur -u gives me error 500.

Well, this means you probably use mainline kernel ... where we have this bug. It is solved but we need to push an update.  Unrelated to our bug, http://sprunge.us service has some troubles.

5 hours ago, zer02 said:

I use micro-USB DC 5V 3A/3000mA.

Same error appears on TinkerOS, I noticed. 1x Wifi works, 2x Wifi everything will go to chaos, default installation.

Tinkerboard suffers underpowering without anything attached to it. You need to use self-powered USB hub or some other board.

6 hours ago, zer02 said:

Same error appears on TinkerOS, I noticed. 1x Wifi works, 2x Wifi everything will go to chaos, default installation.

The Tinkerboard is a bizarre fail. It needs way too much juice but the 'board designers' chose Micro USB for DC-IN so users end up will all sorts of instabilites due to undervoltage (please read again: underVOLTAGE):

I've no idea why Armbian continues to support such support nightmares (users will never understand that shitty hardware causes trouble that looks like instable software) but at least you should be aware now that you're suffering from a hardware problem. Power through GPIO header, replace the Micro USB cable between PSU and board, replace the PSU, replace the board. That's your 4 options if you want to have fun and use something reliable.