Lamobo R1 schematic - is now available

Tido

Thank you, this is useful (kind off), since i stopped visiting their useless forums for awhile. There is not much interesting info that is not discovered already, but HDMI seems to support HDMI-CEC. Despite the internal IR, this could be useful for Kodi, if anyone is able to port it successfully with Vdpau support. And the most important, if i understand it well - 3 usb ports (OTG, Ext USB2.0 and wifi USB) seems to be separate from each other and not on common hub.

I don't see what else they can offer to earn sells, with such misconception boards so far, especially this one with PMU that require headsink and cooler to be sort of stable and not overheat and even heat hard drive on the opposite side of the board. But we will see...

Thank you, this is useful (kind off), since i stopped visiting their useless forums for awhile.

Despite the internal IR, this could be useful for Kodi, if anyone is able to port it successfully with Vdpau support.

And the most important, if i understand it well - 3 usb ports (OTG, Ext USB2.0 and wifi USB) seems to be separate from each other and not on common hub.

You're welcome :-)

Well, the A20 sits on the Banana Pi & Pro and I guess these devices are quite similar. So I can imagine that there is already a Kodi out there with vague Vdpau support.

Let us know if you find something that works !

Why do you write despite IR ?

I don't know how many USB-Ports the A20 serves, well maybe https://linux-sunxi.org/A20 it looks like you are right.

Why do you write despite IR ?

I guess my english is not very good. I meant, R1 have IR port, but with HDMI-CEC, which is supported in Kodi, one can use tv remote through HDMI. As far as i found out there where some experimental support for XBMC (old name of Kodi) with CedarX, which is not working now. The only thing i found is this - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254202 . I try to reproduce it, but there are too many problems i had to solve, install, modifying files, etc. At least the author is patient enough to give me a hints, so maybe i will try again soon.

Sounds promising.

Well, in the first posting I cannot find on which "Distro" he built his KODI.

I guess it would be a good start to know this and maybe fix this with the R1 boot procedure.

So you would have the same basis to begin with.

Completely irrelevant (same regarding the specific SBC -- the only thing that matters is the SoC).

It's about which kernel (fork) is used. To be useful for all Armbian users mosterta's patches to the kernel would've to be applied to the kernel sources we use for A10/A20. And the the build of the other stuff has to be added as an option. Given the preparations it's a diligent but routine piece of work. But unless someone's willing to maintain this I do not find it useful to make this a part of Armbian now.

@RagnerBG: Whether an internal hub is present or not is simply querying 'lsusb' :)

@Tido: Why do you link to the moron's forum and not the linux-sunxi wiki? We've uploaded this useless document (now!) already and link to it internally: http://linux-sunxi.org/Lamobo_R1#See_also

The only important thing about kernel is this parameter:

CONFIG_CMA=y
# CONFIG_CMA_DEBUG is not set
#
# Default contiguous memory area size:
#
CONFIG_CMA_SIZE_MBYTES=192
CONFIG_CMA_SIZE_SEL_MBYTES=y
# CONFIG_CMA_SIZE_SEL_PERCENTAGE is not set
# CONFIG_CMA_SIZE_SEL_MIN is not set
# CONFIG_CMA_SIZE_SEL_MAX is not set
CONFIG_CMA_ALIGNMENT=8
CONFIG_CMA_AREAS=7

I compiled amrbian 3.4 kernel with it and it work stable. Even the zero-copy double buffering start working with the help of this and now 1080p video acceleration is no problem. But this guy have some very modded system and it's difficult to install his versions of libraries. His UMP version is not working in my system, but i suspect i had to install fbturbo for X11 and not for framebuffer. And his libvdpau-sunxi require to remove some parameters before compilation, because of something about Valgrind i completely missunderstand. And there were many other thing i manage to solve, but those two give up me.